Daily Bible Verse: 2 Chronicles 20:12
'We do not know what to do, but our eyes are on You.'
- There come times and situations in life, when we do not know what to do.
- At these critical junctions it is wonderful to know that we can turn to the Lord.
- How awesome to know that we can look to Him for all we need.
- Right now, you can turn to Him and fix your eyes on Him.
PRAYER: Lord, I don’t always know what to do or which way to turn, but I am always thankful that I can run to You! You are keeper of my soul. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Leviticus 26:6
'I shall also grant peace in the land, so that you may lie down with no one making you tremble.'
- The Lord knows how important peace is in our lives.
- Fear and doubt can harass us, especially at night or in the dark seasons.
- Even in such times, the Lord wants to come and make His peace real to us.
- He gives us His peace so that we can rest secure in Him.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for the peace that You have prepared for me. May I know that peace as a living reality so that nothing and no one can make me tremble or fear! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Matthew 6:34
'So don't be anxious about tomorrow. God will take care of your tomorrow too. Live one day at a time.'
- Sometimes the future can look daunting.
- But God tells us not to be anxious about tomorrow.
- He give us the undertaking that He will take care of our tomorrows.
- We should simply enjoy the moment and live one day at a time.
PRAYER: Lord, I give to You all my care, concerns and anxious thoughts about the future. You are the God of the future and so I can leave it in Your hands. Help me to live one day at a time. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Deuteronomy 33:25
'As your days, so shall your strength be.'
- The Lord will give you the strength that you need.
- Each day He comes to empower and enable us.
- Don’t just rely on your own ability.
- Rest and lean on the strength that He gives you today.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for this new day and this new week. I choose to receive Your strength into my life. May I walk as one who is strengthened by the Lord Himself! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 37:3
'Trust in the LORD and do good. Dwell in the land and feed on faithfulness.'
- Our hope must always be in God.
- He should be the One in whom we place our complete trust and confidence.
- As we live our lives let us ‘feed on His faithfulness’.
- Let us expect, let us anticipate and let us see His faithfulness.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for Your faithfulness towards me. May my very existence be grounded in the fact that You are faithful and You remain faithful! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Ezekiel 34:15
'I Myself will be the Shepherd of my sheep and cause them to lie down in peace, says the Lord.'
- The Lord is your shepherd and He will take care of you.
- We are His sheep and He takes responsibility for us.
- He will bring you through every trial and challenge.
- His heart for you is that you would know His peace in your daily life.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You that You are my Good Shepherd. I look to You, for You are the only true source of peace. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 13:6
'I will sing to the LORD, because He has dealt bountifully with me.'
- There is always something that we can rejoice about.
- There is always some aspect of God’s favour to celebrate.
- He has been good to you and He will continue to be good to you.
- Rest in His kindness and favour and look forward with confidence.
PRAYER: Lord, I celebrate the fact that You have been faithful to me in the past. You have ‘dealt bountifully’ with me and this gives me the confidence to look ahead, knowing that You will continue to be faithful. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 97:11 (Amplified)
'Light is sown for the righteous and strewn along their pathway, and joy for the upright in heart [the irrepressible joy which comes from consciousness of His favour and protection].'
- This verse speaks of two things: Light and Joy.
- He wants to flood your pathway with His light.
- He wants to come and fill your heart with His joy.
- He wants you to know His favour and protection every day.
PRAYER: Lord, may Your light and joy come and flood my life and my journey. May I know that I never walk alone and may I be conscious of Your presence, favour and protection! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 3:10
'Say to the righteous that it will go well with them, for they will eat the fruit of their actions.'
- As we embrace the future let us be filled with hope.
- May it go well with you as He leads you day by day!
- Let faith and expectation always triumph over discouragement and despair.
- The Lord has plans for you and they are plans for good.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You that as I step into the future, You are already there. You know the way ahead and You want reassure me of Your care and love for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 9:6
'For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on His shoulders. And He will be called Wonderful Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.'
- God, in His great wisdom, has given us all we need.
- He gave us His Son and with Him comes the very essence of our every hope.
- He is your Wonderful Counsellor and your Mighty God.
- He is your Everlasting Father and Your Prince of Peace.
PRAYER: Lord, truly You are one and only true living God and I bow down my knee before You today. As Your child I can know that You are the fulfilment of all my longings and desires. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Luke 1:35
'The angel answered, ‘The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.’'
- The whole story of Christmas is one filled with wonder and miracles.
- Every aspect of the story reminds us that it was God at work in the lives of the human race.
- The greatest wonder is what actually happened and that we can celebrate it today.
- We remember Him being born into the world, BUT He needs to be born in us as well!
PRAYER: Lord, today I surrender my heart and life to You. May I not just look at Christmas as an historical fact, but may I know what it means that You have been born within me and I am Your child. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 3:16
'For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.'
- This is the season of giving of gifts to those near and dear to us.
- We do this a demonstration of our love for those we care for.
- God also loved us with such a great love that He too gave us a gift.
- The gift was His only Son and with that gift came the promise of eternal life.
PRAYER: Lord, I rejoice in Your great love towards me. You have given me the greatest gift of all and my life is changed as a result! May I never forget the gift You gave and may my giving to others be a result of the example that You have set for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Luke 2:10
'And the angel said to them, ‘Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people.’'
- The story of Christmas and the birth or our Saviour was the greatest news ever.
- We remember this time of the year because it brought the promise of hope.
- To this day the hope of Christmas continues to be a story of good news and great joy.
- If the truth of Christmas is a reality to us, we need not fear, but we can rejoice.
PRAYER: Lord,thank You for this most wonderful time of the year. Thank You for the ‘good news’ of ‘great joy’ that we can celebrate and enjoy with those we love. May we never forget the true reason for the season! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Luke 1:30-31
'The angel said to her, ‘Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favour with God.’'
- The greatest joys we can know in life is that we have found favour with God.
- You, as His child, can know His favour and blessing on your life.
- When this is a reality we can face any storm or challenge that comes our way.
- Do not give in to fear and doubt, believe for His favour and loving-kindness.
PRAYER: Lord, I trust in You today. I will not be afraid of the future and anything it may bring. I will rather live in expectation of Your favour on my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Luke 1:46-47
'And Mary said, ‘My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Saviour.'
- You and I have a privilege and joy to live lives of worship unto God.
- Mary, the mother of our Saviour, understood how important this aspect was.
- She determined that her soul would magnify the Lord.
- As we approach the wonderful season ahead, let our spirits also rejoice in God.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for Your goodness and mercy towards me. As I get ready to celebrate Your birth and Your coming to earth to be my Saviour, I rejoice in the knowledge that You are my Saviour and my Lord. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Luke 1:49
'For the Mighty One has done great things for me; and holy is His name.'
- Never forget that you serve a mighty God.
- The Mighty One has and will do great things for you.
- Live with expectation and confident belief in His greatness.
- Celebrate His faithfulness thus far and look forward to it in the future.
PRAYER: Lord,I want to take this moment to remember and celebrate Your faithfulness towards me in the past. What a joy it is to know that as I face the future, I can expect more of the great things that You have in store for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Acts 5:19
'During the night an angel of the Lord opened the doors of the jail and brought them out.'
- The Lord is your great deliverer.
- The things that life bring to hold you back are no hindrance to Him.
- At any moment He can intervene and open closed doors.
- Let us live in expectation of His mighty hand touching and changing things.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You that You are the One who can come and open doors that no man can shut. You are my great deliverer and I live with faith and expectation in Your grace, mercy and loving-kindness towards me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Matthew 1:24
'When Joseph woke up, he did what the angel of the Lord had commanded him and took Mary home as his wife.'
- Obeying and following the leading of the Lord is vital.
- The Lord wants to come in different ways and give us direction and leading.
- When the Lord speaks it is incumbent on us to respond and obey.
- The moment this happens, situations change and miracles happen.
PRAYER: Lord, it is my desire to follow Your leading and guidance in my life. May I not miss the gentle whispers of Your voice in my life. May I know the joy of being in Your will and purpose for my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 15:9
'As the Father has loved Me, so have I loved you. Now remain in My love.'
- You are loved by the Lord, your Saviour and your God.
- You are valuable and precious to Him.
- Stay connected to His love, don’t stray away from His love.
- His love for you will carry, sustain and bring you through your challenges.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for Your great love for me. I receive Your love afresh today. I choose to ‘remain’ in Your love because I know that this is the best and the most wonderful place for me to be. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Matthew 1:23
'…and they shall call His name Emmanuel - which, when translated, means, God with us.'
- The greatest joy that humanity can know is the knowledge that God is with us.
- This fact changes the very dynamic of our lives.
- You are not alone and you do not need to make it on your own.
- He is with you and His name, Emmanuel, is the guarantee, regardless of your situation.
PRAYER: Lord, what a joy it is to know that You are with me. Right now, in this very moment, at this point in my life, regardless of my circumstances, You are with me and I am not alone. Amen.