Daily Bible Verse: Nehemiah 2:4
'Then I prayed to the God of heaven...'
- Prayer is our vital connection with our Heavenly Father.
- When we don’t know what to do or where to go, then it’s time to pray.
- As we approach the Lord, we can expect His answer and intervention.
- HE knows what is best for you in your unique situation.
PRAYER: Lord, today I pause for a moment to bring my requests and petitions to You. I pray that You will lead me and guide me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Samuel 30:18
'David recovered everything the Amalekites had taken…'
- The Lord will NEVER abandon you or me to total destruction!
- He will come through for you.
- He will bring restoration and the recovery of that which was lost.
- David recovered all and that is the Lord’s plan for you as well.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You that the battle is not mine but Yours. Thank You that as Your child I will see restoration and I will be more than a conqueror. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Proverbs 16:7
'When a man’s ways please the LORD, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.'
- Did you realise that the way you live your life can be pleasing to the Lord?
- The rewards of living a life that pleases God are great.
- In fact, living a God-pleasing life brings blessing and favour on our lives.
- When we live in this way we can even expect to see miracles.
PRAYER: Lord, I choose to live my life in such a way that it brings honour and glory to You. Work on my behalf, I pray, and may I see the miracles that You have planned for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Matthew 10:29 + 31
'What is the price of two sparrows - one copper coin? But not a single sparrow can fall to the ground without your Father knowing it. So don't be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows.'
- The Lord cares for you in the minuteness of detail.
- In fact the Lord cares for all things with great love and compassion.
- But you and I are even more valuable to Him than the birds of the air.
- Your life is a specific priority to the Lord.
PRAYER: Lord, may I experience Your great love and compassion for me in a new and vital way. May I know what it means to be loved by my Heavenly Father and fill me with Your peace I pray! Amen
Daily Bible Verse: Matthew 10:30
'And the very hairs on your head are all numbered.'
- You are valuable and precious to the Lord.
- He is intimately aware of every detail that concerns you.
- If He counts the hairs on your head, surely He will not overlook your concerns.
- The all-wise, all-knowing God loves and cares for you.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for Your great and awesome love for me. I rejoice in the knowledge that because You love me You will take care of me. I will therefore rest in You and I will not be fearful. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Acts 12:11
'When Peter came to himself, he said, ‘Now I am sure that the Lord has sent His angel and rescued me…'
- You have a deliverer.
- The Lord will send His angel to rescue you.
- Sometimes our situations get beyond what we can handle and thus we need a deliverer.
- You too can be sure and confident in the knowledge that God will do this.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You that You do not just leave me in the struggles that I find myself in. You love and care for me and therefore You will step in and be my deliverer. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 60:1
'Arise from the depression and prostration in which circumstances have kept you; rise to a new life, shine, be radiant with the glory and brilliance of the LORD; for your light has come, and the glory and brilliance of the LORD has risen upon you.'
- His word tells us to arise and not to allow ourselves to sink down.
- Circumstances may try to pull us down.
- But He is the One who comes to help us so that we can lift up our heads and shine.
- Your light has come and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you.
PRAYER: Lord, today I declare that I will not allow circumstances and issues to pull me down. I will arise and I will shine because I am not alone, You are with me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Daniel 6:22
'My God sent His angel and shut the lions' mouths and they have not harmed me.'
- The Lord can deal with anything that man can bring against us.
- Daniel was placed in a lions’ den and even there God undertook.
- Perhaps you are facing some ‘lions’ of your own?
- Remember, He can shut the mouths of the lions.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for the wonderful way in which You intervene in the lives of Your children. I trust You for a miracle in my situation. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Proverbs 4:12
'When you walk, your steps will not be impeded; and if you run, you will not stumble.'
- The Lord has prepared a path for your footsteps.
- He is removing the obstacles and hurdles that have been placed in your way.
- His desire for you is that you would move forward unimpeded.
- He wants to preserve your life and keep you from falling.
PRAYER: Lord, I pray that You will open the doors ahead of me and prepare a way for me. May I know Your guiding hand and keep me from falling. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Samuel 22:20
'He also brought me forth into a broad place; He rescued me, because He delighted in me.'
- The Lord delights in you!
- Because of His great love for you, He wants to do great things for you.
- As you trust in Him, you will discover He is the greatest help in the greatest danger.
- He is your deliverer and He wants to bring you into an even better position.
PRAYER: Lord, I will run to You, to Your words of truth. Thank you that You delight in me and that I may know what it means to live in the glory of Your grace. Amen.
'I give thanks to You, because You have answered me. You are my Saviour.'
- You can expect the Lord to answer you when you call on Him.
- As you call on Him, you can look forward to rejoicing because of His answer.
- He is your mighty, able and powerful Saviour.
- You will still give thanks for the answers He will provide!
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for the wonderful way in which You gently lead me each day of my life. I rejoice in the answers you have provided and I continue to trust You in my areas of challenge, knowing that You will answer me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 24:3-4
'Who may ascend the mountain of the LORD? Who may stand in His holy place?
The one who has clean hands and a pure heart….'
- The Lord has prepared a place close to Himself for you.
- He calls you and me into a place of closer relationship with Him.
- We should not allow anything to interfere with this special connection.
- May we stand in this holy place with clean hands and pure hearts!
PRAYER: Lord, I want to know You more. I desire a closer relationship with You. Cleanse my hands and purify my heart so that I can stand in Your presence every day of my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Hebrews 4:16
'Let us then approach God's throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.'
- What a joy it is to know that we can approach the Lord with confidence.
- He is your Heavenly Father who loves and cares for you.
- His throne is a throne of grace, not a throne of judgement.
- In our times of greatest need, He is our greatest help.
PRAYER: Lord, today I approach Your throne of grace. I know I can do this with confidence because You are my Father and I am Your child. Help me in my time of need. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 4:6
'HE, worn out from His journey, sat down at the well.'
- Rest is a very important aspect of our lives.
- Even our Saviour knew weariness and took time out to rest.
- We cannot run at full capacity indefinitely.
- We need to live balanced lives so that our lives can bring glory to God.
PRAYER: Lord, sometimes I do overdo things and often I end up carrying more than I should. Please help me to recognise how my situation is effecting me and give me the courage to rest so that I can receive renewed strength from You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Genesis 1:14
'Then God said, ‘Let lights appear in the sky to separate the day from the night. Let them be signs to mark the seasons, days, and years.'
- With the Lord, nothing stays the same forever.
- He never changes, but He brings change in the seasons of our lives.
- No season was ever designed to last forever.
- He will work in your situation and bring about His plan and purposes.
PRAYER: Lord, it is a great comfort to know that I am not locked into one season for life. You will bring different seasons and times to pass, and I will see Your faithfulness in all of them. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 139:18
'When I wake up, You are still with me!'
- Each and every day we can know the presence of the Lord in our lives.
- Morning by morning His faithfulness is available to us.
- We never need to fear if He will leave us or forsake us.
- He is here, He is near you, and He is still with you.
PRAYER: Lord, may I never forget the wonderful reality that You are with me. May Your presence be a living and enduring reality in my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 139:17a
'How precious are Your thoughts concerning me, O God! How vast in number they are!'
- It is remarkable to think that the Lord is thinking about you and me.
- He thinks thoughts concerning you and your well-being.
- The Lord takes an active interest in your life.
- This truth is something wonderful and precious.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for Your thoughts towards me. How precious it is to know that You are thinking and caring for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Judges 6:16
'The LORD said to him, ‘I will be with you. And you will destroy the Midianites as if you were fighting against one man.'
- Sometimes it can feel as if a mighty army has come against us.
- We may feel fearful and even feel like failure is inevitable.
- But The Lord always has the final word.
- HE is with you, and that means that any threat can be conquered.
PRAYER: Lord, give me the strength that I need to realise that You are with me and together we will overcome the challenges that lie ahead. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Judges 6:12
'When the angel of the LORD appeared to Gideon, he said, ‘The LORD is with you, mighty warrior.'
- What God says about us is more important than what we think about ourselves.
- If the Lord says you are a mighty warrior, then that is what you are.
- Let us believe what the Lord says about us and ignore what others may say.
- The Lord is with you, you have nothing to fear and you can be a mighty warrior.
PRAYER: Lord, forgive me Lord for listening to lies spoken over me by others or even myself. May I be what You say that I am and may I be a Mighty Warrior in Your hands. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Matthew 8:8
'He answered, ‘Lord, I am not worthy to have You come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed.'
- Just one word from the Lord can change any situation.
- When we have a word from the Lord it gives us direction and comfort.
- When we have a word from the Lord, it will remove all the doubt.
- Ask Him to speak into your situation and when He speaks, the future is created.
PRAYER: Lord, I ask You today to speak into my life. I need to know what You are saying so that I can follow and obey Your leading in my life. Amen.