Daily Bible Verse: Genesis 39:3
'Joseph's master saw that the LORD was with him and that the LORD made everything he did successful.'
- The fact that God is in our lives should be something that others notice.
- If God did this for Joseph, He can do it for you as well.
- His hand was on Joseph and He wants to place His hand on you.
- May your life reflect that fact that the LORD is with you.
PRAYER: Lord, may I walk with You in such a way that others will see and recognize that Your hand and blessing rests on my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Job 12:10
'For the life of every living thing is in His hand, and the breath of every human being.'
- The breath of every human being is originally from God.
- He is the one who gives us life and breath.
- He holds these vital issues in His hands.
- Surely He cares for you and holds your future securely.
PRAYER: Lord, I recognize that You are the source of the life that I enjoy. Thank you for Your care and love towards me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 95:4
'The foundations of the Earth and the height of the mountains are in His hands!'
- He has got the whole world in His hands.
- Nothing is beyond His reach and influence.
- He has got you and me in His hands as well.
- So rest secure, knowing that you are securely in His hands.
PRAYER: Lord, I can think of no better place to be that to be in Your hands. Now I take a moment and I place my issues and concerns in Your hands also. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Proverbs 3:9-10
'Honor the LORD with your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops; then your barns will be filled to overflowing, and your vats will brim over with new wine.'
- God deserves first place in our lives.
- We should honor Him with all we have and all we are.
- The result will be overflowing blessing.
- Let us honor the Lord and rest in His promises.
PRAYER: Lord, I choose to honor You with my life. I undertake to honor You in every aspect of my life and in those things You have blessed me with. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 32:5
'I made my sins known to You, and I did not cover up my guilt. I decided to confess them to You, O LORD. Then You forgave all my sins'
- One of the greatest blessings we can know is forgiveness.
- Whoever covers over his sins will not prosper.
- Whoever confesses and abandons them will receive compassion.
- He is faithful and just to forgive us for the wrong things we have done.
PRAYER: Lord, I confess that I don’t always do the things that please You. Forgive me, I pray, and may I know the joy of what it means to be forgiven. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 5:8
'Lead me in the right path, O LORD, or my enemies will conquer me. Make your way plain for me to follow.'
- It’s never too late to ask God for His help and leading.
- Our lives should be lived under His guidance.
- Running on our own strength will exhaust us.
- But following Him will lead to life and blessing.
PRAYER: Lord, help me in the decisions I need to take. Lead me in the right path so that I can walk in obedience to Your will and purpose for my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Matthew 25:40
'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for Me.'
- How we deal with others is important to God.
- People around you need your help and encouragement.
- God wants to use your life to touch the lives of others.
- Let your life be an instrument of blessing!
PRAYER: Lord, may my life be more than just about me and my issues. May my life be an instrument in Your hand to touch and bless the lives of others. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 52:8
'I trust in God's unfailing love for ever and ever.'
- Never doubt God’s unfailing love for you.
- Because His love for you will never fail, you can trust Him.
- You can be confident and you can feel secure.
- Don’t let your trust be undermined and rely on Him for ever and ever.
PRAYER: Lord, I trust in Your unfailing love for me. I will continue to trust and believe in Your unconditional love and enduring loving-kindness. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Matthew 11:28
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.'
- If you are weary and burdened, He will help you.
- He is inviting you right now to come to Him.
- He has rest that He wants to give you.
- Just respond to His invitation and leave the outcome in His hands.
PRAYER: Lord, I accept Your invitation and I come to You right now. I receive Your rest and I cast my cares and concerns onto You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 81:6
'Now I will take the load from your shoulders; I will free your hands from their heavy tasks.'
- The Lord is the burden removing, yoke destroying God.
- He will take and lift the load from your shoulders.
- He will bring you out of bondage and into freedom.
- Give it to Him today and let Him lift your burden.
PRAYER: Lord, as You did this for Your people in ancient times, I ask that You will do the same for me today. I give You my burdens and heavy loads and I ask You to help me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Proverbs 25:4
'Remove the dross (the impurities) from the silver, and a silversmith can produce a vessel.'
- Sometimes there can be an aspect in our lives that holds us back.
- It can be something that we need to deal with.
- So let us rid our lives of the ‘impurities’.
- Then God will be able to take our lives and make something beautiful.
PRAYER: Lord, I don’t want things in my life that will stop Your purposes and plans for my life. Now, I deal with those things and I ask You to produce a vessel to Your honour. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 31:20
'You shall keep them secretly in a pavilion from the strife of tongues.'
- What other people say can often affect us greatly.
- But God offers you a place a safety.
- He wants to hide you in His pavilion.
- Go to your refuge and He will cover you with His wings.
PRAYER: Lord, I take refuge in You today. Hide me in Your pavilion and protect me from the strife of tongues. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 126:5
'Those who sow with tears will reap with songs of joy.'
- Not every season in life is a season of joy.
- What we sow during each season will lead to a time of reaping.
- Embrace whatever season you are in and look for God in it all.
- And believe the promise that you will reap with songs of joy!
PRAYER: Lord, You know the season I am facing and I pray that what I plant during this time of my life will ultimately lead to a harvest of joy. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Proverbs 11:27
'If you search for good, you will find favor; but if you search for evil, it will find you!'
- Ultimately we will find what we search for.
- If you search for more of God, you will find Him.
- If you hunger and thirst for more of Him, He will come to you.
- Therefore let us stay away from evil and pursue that which is good.
PRAYER: Lord, help me to be able to make the right choices. I choose You Lord, above all else. Deliver me from evil and stir within my heart a longing and a desire for more of You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Jeremiah 31:3
'‘I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness.’'
- This is what the Lord wants you to know today.
- You are dearly loved and you are valuable and precious to Him.
- His love for you will never end or be exhausted.
- So let’s respond to His love and love Him in return.
PRAYER: Lord, thank you for Your great love for me. My life is blessed because You love me. I celebrate Your love for me today. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Proverbs 15:8
'‘The LORD detests the sacrifice of the wicked, but the prayer of the upright pleases Him.’'
- God takes the prayers of His children seriously.
- Our calling on Him is pleasing to Him.
- We should venture to pray so that we may gain the answer.
- Step out and bring your requests and petitions to Him.
PRAYER: Lord, forgive me for thinking that You do not answer my prayers. I realize now that my prayers are important to You and I will bring my requests and petitions to You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 112:4
'Even in darkness, light dawns for the upright, for those who are gracious and compassionate and righteous.'
- Even when we face darkness, His light can still shine on us.
- We all face times of difficulty and darkness.
- But even there, He is with you and He brings hope.
- He will cause light to arise in your darkness!
PRAYER: Lord, You know the areas in which I am challenged and the areas in which I face darkness. I pray that Your light will dawn in all those areas. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 97:11
'Light shines on the godly, and joy on those whose hearts are right.'
- When we endeavor to live right, we will walk in His blessing.
- His light can shine on our lives.
- When our hearts are right, we can enjoy the joy He has for us.
- So arise out of darkness and into His marvelous light.
PRAYER: Lord, help me to be able to live my live in such a way that it is pleasing to You. May I know what it means to walk in Your light and may I know that the joy that comes from You is my daily strength. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 143:8
'Let the morning bring me word of Your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in You. Show me the way I should go, for to You I entrust my life.'
- As we start this day, let’s do so by entrusting our lives to Him.
- Each day He wants to remind us of His unfailing love.
- He will lead and guide you.
- So be confident and step forward without doubting.
PRAYER: Lord, Your unfailing love sustains me day by day. Lead, direct and guide me as I place my reliance in You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 46:7
'The LORD Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress.'
- Rest assured; the Lord of hosts is with you.
- The Lord is on the side of His people.
- As His child, that includes you!
- The Lord is the refuge and shelter you need – do not fear.
PRAYER: Lord, thank you for being a refuge and shelter to which I can run. Thank you that You are with me and You are on my side. Amen.