Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 25:4
'Show me the right path, O LORD; point out the road for me to follow.'
- The Lord wants to show you what to do in your particular situation.
- He wants to give you His favour by helping and leading you.
- In life, there is the danger of straying from the right path.
- As we live in dependence on Him, He will show us the right path.
PRAYER: Lord, show me Your ways, so that I may walk with You. Show me Your ways, as I put my trust in You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 4:12
'Now then go, and I, even I, will be with your mouth, and teach you what you are to say.'
- When we know the Lord is with us, we can step out in confidence.
- The Lord will be with you.
- The Lord will give you the words to say.
- Don’t hesitate, be bold and step out as He leads you.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You that You are with me. I know that with Your strength I can step out with boldness and courage to be used by You in a wonderful way. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Kings 6:6b
'Then the axe head floated to the surface.'
- The truth is that axe heads do not float.
- God can turn any situation around, He can even cause an axe head to float.
- What situation are you facing that seems impossible to you?
- Give it to the Lord and ask Him to do a miracle and watch what He will do.
PRAYER: Lord, I believe that You are a miracle-working God. I give You my impossible situation and ask You to do a miracle for me and I will not forget to be thankful for what You have done. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Corinthians 4:18
'So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.'
- Where we focus our attention is very important.
- Physical things that we can see with our eyes can often distract us.
- There is another dimension that is far more important.
- The unseen, our faith, our hope and the eternal aspects, are what really matters.
PRAYER: Lord, help me not to be distracted or disturbed by what I see and hear that goes on around me. May I always remember that these things are temporary, but the things You offer me are of an eternal nature. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Romans 4:18
'Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as he had been told.'
- Even when things seem to be working against us, we should keep trusting.
- Abraham had all the odds stacked against Him, but He held onto God’s promises.
- Eventually every word that the Lord had spoken came to pass.
- Let us be people of faith and let us continue to believe in His faithfulness.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You that I can trust and hope in You no matter what the circumstances may be. Against all hope, I choose to hope and trust in You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Hebrews 6:19a
'This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls.'
- Our hope in the Lord is the anchor for our souls.
- We should anchor ourselves on God, the rock of ages.
- This anchor will hold no matter what storms we may face.
- May you rest secure because you know that your anchor is sure!
PRAYER: Lord, I declare that You are the anchor of my soul. In You I find security and in You I find the hope that my soul needs and longs for. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 John 4:21
'And we have this commandment from Him: Whoever loves God must love his brother as well.'
- The love we have for the Lord transforms us and it can be seen in our love for others.
- We only have one shot at this thing called life.
- This presents us with an opportunity to show love to others.
- Don’t delay or hesitate to show love, do it while you can.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for the opportunities that you have given me. May I use every opportunity to be a blessing and show love to those around me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Matthew 22:37
'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
- This great instruction comes from our Saviour Himself.
- He reminds us of how important it is to love our Heavenly Father.
- This love should be the focus of our very hearts, souls and minds.
- What a great privilege we have to love God with our whole being!
PRAYER: Lord, I declare that I love You with all that I am. I love You with all my heart, all my soul and with all my mind. To You I completely surrender. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Corinthians 14:1
'Follow the way of love and eagerly desire gifts of the Spirit…'
- You and I are called to follow the ‘way of love’.
- We should let love be our highest goal.
- Love should be the departure point of all our actions and attitudes.
- At the same time we should desire and long for all that God has for us.
PRAYER: Lord, may every trace of selfishness be removed from my heart and life. May I follow the way of love, as I long for more of You and Your gifts in my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 24:9
'Lift up your heads, O gates, and lift them up, O ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in!'
- We need to open up our hearts and lives and let the Lord in.
- He waits for us to open the door of our hearts to Him.
- He promises to come into our lives when we invite Him in.
- Let us remove every hindrance so that the way is clear for Him!
PRAYER: Lord, I lift up my head today, I unlock the gates of my life to let You in and I open the doors to You. Come and live within me I pray. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 57:10
'Your unfailing love is as high as the heavens. Your faithfulness reaches to the clouds.'
- Let your soul take refuge in the One whose love for you is unfailing.
- There is no limit or end to His love for you.
- His mercy, kindness and love reaches out to you today.
- Receive His love and remember it will never end.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for Your unfailing love, kindness and mercy towards me. I receive a fresh deposit of Your love for me and I pray that Your love for me will come and flood my soul today. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 16:9
'Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure!'
- The Bible tells us that ‘out of the mouth the heart speaks’.
- When our hearts are full, others will know, because our mouths will speak.
- You can ask the Lord to fill your heart with joy.
- When His joy fills our hearts we can rest secure in His unfailing love.
PRAYER: Lord, I give You my heart, I give You my soul, I live for You alone. Every breath that I take, every moment I’m awake, Lord have Your way in Me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 57:8
'Awake, my soul! Awake!'
- Are you truly alive or are you simply existing?
- Sometimes we can go through the motions, but we feel dead inside.
- The Lord wants us to enjoy abundant life and that includes real life.
- Our hearts and souls should be stirred to awaken, come alive and thrive.
PRAYER: Lord, I choose to live and not just exist. I pray that You will come and stir my heart today so that I can truly live knowing the fullness that only You can give. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 57:7
'My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.'
- To live with a confident and steadfast heart is a wonderful thing.
- When we live like this, we do not need to fear the shakings that happen.
- Our hearts can rest in the One who never changes.
- This allows us to live without the weight of worry and fear.
PRAYER: Lord, I declare that my confidence is in You and in You alone. I rejoice in You and in the strength You give me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 57:6
'My enemies have set a trap for me. I am weary from distress. They have dug a deep pit in my path, but they themselves have fallen into it.'
- The Lord can turn any situation around.
- He can even cause your enemies to be ‘self-slaughtered’.
- The very things done to bring you down can be their downfall.
- So place your complete trust in the One who is your refuge.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You Lord that You are my rescuer, my deliverer and my refuge and strength. I will trust and not be afraid. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 57:5
'Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be over all the earth.'
- Praise is one of our weapons in times of difficulty.
- Choosing to praise changes our focus from the situation and onto God.
- The moment this happens the Lord can move on our behalf.
- So don’t focus on the situation, focus on the One who can move mountains.
PRAYER: Lord, I choose to lift up my eyes above the issues and challenges that surround me, knowing that YOU can do more than I could dream or imagine. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 42:8
'But each day the LORD pours his unfailing love upon me, and through each night I sing His songs, praying to God who gives me life.'
- Night and day, the Lord is with you to guide and carry you.
- Each day He wants to pour His love on you.
- Each night He wants us to know His joy and protection.
- He wants to come and fill your life with good things.
PRAYER: Lord, may Your unfailing love be a living and real reality in my life today. May I know and experience Your carrying power every day. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 57:3
'He sends His help from heaven and saves me.'
- What a wonderful thing to know the help that comes from the Lord.
- Today, He wants to send you ‘help from heaven’.
- He sends His angels to encamp around you and guard you.
- You are not like someone who has no help, He will help you.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for the help you make available to me. Send Your help from heaven and intervene in my situation I pray. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 57:2
'I cry out to God Most High, to God, who vindicates me.'
- The Lord is the one who will vindicate you.
- He will set you free from the allegations and blame others have placed on you.
- Remember that the Lord, who is above all, and can do all things.
- Therefore we can call on the Lord, knowing that He can restore you.
PRAYER: Lord, I cry out to You, my Lord and my God. You are the One who performs all things for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Ruth 2:12
'May the LORD repay you for what you have done! May you be richly rewarded by the LORD!'
- Nothing we ever do for the Lord goes unrewarded.
- God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love.
- The Lord is no man’s debtor.
- He will always richly reward and wonderfully repay your sacrifice.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You that You are the one who rewards us for what we have done. You know our hearts and You see our actions and You undertake to reward and repay. Amen.