Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 42:8
'But each day the LORD pours his unfailing love upon me, and through each night I sing His songs, praying to God who gives me life.'
- Night and day, the Lord is with you to guide and carry you.
- Each day He wants to pour His love on you.
- Each night He wants us to know His joy and protection.
- He wants to come and fill your life with good things.
PRAYER: Lord, may Your unfailing love be a living and real reality in my life today. May I know and experience Your carrying power every day. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 57:3
'He sends His help from heaven and saves me.'
- What a wonderful thing to know the help that comes from the Lord.
- Today, He wants to send you ‘help from heaven’.
- He sends His angels to encamp around you and guard you.
- You are not like someone who has no help, He will help you.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for the help you make available to me. Send Your help from heaven and intervene in my situation I pray. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 57:2
'I cry out to God Most High, to God, who vindicates me.'
- The Lord is the one who will vindicate you.
- He will set you free from the allegations and blame others have placed on you.
- Remember that the Lord, who is above all, and can do all things.
- Therefore we can call on the Lord, knowing that He can restore you.
PRAYER: Lord, I cry out to You, my Lord and my God. You are the One who performs all things for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Ruth 2:12
'May the LORD repay you for what you have done! May you be richly rewarded by the LORD!'
- Nothing we ever do for the Lord goes unrewarded.
- God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love.
- The Lord is no man’s debtor.
- He will always richly reward and wonderfully repay your sacrifice.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You that You are the one who rewards us for what we have done. You know our hearts and You see our actions and You undertake to reward and repay. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 57:1
'In You I take refuge. I will take refuge in the shadow of Your wings until the disaster has passed.'
- When we are facing difficulties in life, we have a refuge.
- Your refuge is God and in Him you can find security.
- Take refuge in the shadow of His wings.
- Whatever you are facing has an expiry date, it will come to an end.
PRAYER: Lord, in this sacred moment I choose to take refuge in You. My desire is to live within the shadow of Your wings, until what I am facing has passed by. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Thessalonians 3:3
'The Lord is faithful, and He will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.'
- The Lord says to you: ‘I am the faithful one!’
- I will be faithful to you, today and forever.
- In His faithfulness, He undertakes to strengthen and protect you.
- Rest secure in His protection and be strengthened from within.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for Your faithfulness towards me. Come now, I pray, and strengthen me and protect me from the evil one and his wicked schemes. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Chronicles 20:17b
'Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the LORD will be with you.'
- Fear and discouragement rob us of our strength as we face the future.
- Let’s not be fearful or discouraged.
- Let us step forward with courage and boldness.
- You have a reason to be strong: The Lord will be with you.
PRAYER: Lord, I celebrate the fact that You are with me and I have not reason to be fearful or discouraged. I step forward with confidence and courage. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Deuteronomy 5:33
'Walk in obedience to all that the LORD your God has commanded you, so that you may live and prosper and prolong your days in the land that you will possess.'
Following and obeying the Lord brings great and wonderful rewards.
Here are the rewards:
1. We will truly live and know His abundant life.
2. We will prosper as a result.
3. Our days will be prolonged.
4. He will give us a land to possess.
PRAYER: Lord, what a joy it is to follow You and to walk in obedience to all You have told me to do. May I be faithful as we walk this road and may I enjoy the rewards as a result. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Chronicles 20:17a
'You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the LORD will give you!'
- The Lord wants to come and fight on your behalf.
- Some battles are simple better left to Him.
- He knows your heart and He understands your situation.
- Take up your position, stand firm and see what He will do!
PRAYER: Lord, thank You that You will fight this battle for me. I take up my position and I stand firm in You, and I look forward to the deliverance that You will give me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Deuteronomy 5:32
'So be careful to do what the LORD your God has commanded you; do not turn aside to the right or to the left.'
- Life brings with it many kinds of distractions and detours.
- No matter what comes our way we should not become distracted.
- Let us keep our eyes on the Lord and what He has told us to do.
- When we stay focussed, it sets us up for the blessing God has for us.
PRAYER: Lord, help me not to be distracted. I choose Your way and I will not stray, either to the left or to the right, and may I follow Your instructions to me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 119:11
'I have hidden Your word in my heart that I might not sin against You.'
- We should not only hear and read God’s word.
- We should take His word and give it a place of priority in our hearts.
- His word will guide and keep us from those things that would destroy us.
- Let His word fill your heart and mind as you continue to trust Him.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for Your word. May I be like Mary who treasured all these things and pondered them in her heart. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Luke 1:38
'I am the Lord's servant,’ Mary answered. ‘May your word to me be fulfilled.'
- The Lord never speaks to us without fulfilling what He has spoken.
- His promises are sure and dependable.
- If He has given you a word or a promise, you can anticipate fulfilment.
- Let us be like Mary and expect that His word to us will come to pass.
PRAYER: Lord, may Your words and Your promises to me be fulfilled and may I see Your glory and may I rejoice again, knowing that I have witnessed Your goodness. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 119:81b
'I have put my hope in Your word.'
It is a good thing to place our hope in His word.
Don’t allow doubt to undermine your confidence.
Take hold of His word and His promises.
Let His word and promises be the anchor in your daily life.
PRAYER: Lord, what a joy it is to know that I can place my hope in You. Your word and Your promises can be completely depended upon and I declare that I have put my hope in You and in Your word. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Acts 4:29
'Now, Lord, consider their threats and enable Your servants to speak Your word with great boldness.'
- In the course of life we do face threats and challenges.
- But the Lord wants to empower us to handle things with His strength.
- His word is our greatest weapon and confidence.
- No matter what you are facing, may He enable you to be bold and strong!
PRAYER: Lord, You know every aspect of my life and You know every challenge that I am facing. I ask You to come and strengthen and enable me to stand secure in You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Samuel 7:21
'You’ve done this great thing because of Your promise and Your own desire. You made it known to me.'
- The Lord wants to do great and wonderful things in your life.
- His promise to you is a promise of blessings.
- His own desire and character is such that He chooses to bless us.
- May you know, in your heart, His favour and love for you!
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for Your great promises and for the fact that You want to do great things in and through me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 20:2
'I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.'
- Freedom is God’s plan for all people.
- Slavery is the enemy’s plan for all people.
- Don’t let the enemy have a foothold in your life.
- Receive and live in the freedom that the Lord has for you.
PRAYER: Lord, I choose to walk in the freedom You have for me. I resist the enemy and his plans to enslave me and I receive the freedom You have made available to me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 43:18
'Forget what happened in the past, and do not dwell on events from long ago.'
- ‘Letting go’ can be such a difficult dimension of life.
- Perhaps we fear the loss of control that comes when we let go?
- But the Lord instructs us to let go of things, especially the past.
- The truth is that He has better things for us in the future.
PRAYER: Lord, today I choose to let go and release those things that I have held on to. You know what is best for me and You know that wonderful things that You have planned and prepared for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 41:10
'Don't be afraid, for I am with you.'
- This is a promise from the Lord to you.
- He is the great ‘promise maker’ and His word never fails.
- The greatest joy is the fact that we can know His companionship in our lives.
- Because He is with us and because of His promise, we don’t need to fear.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for Your promise and Your eternal companionship in my life. You are with me and therefore I will not fear. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 37:25
'I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread.'
- The faithfulness of the Lord is the foundation of our lives.
- He will be faithful to those who love and follow Him.
- His faithfulness extends to the next generation.
- Rest and be confident in His faithfulness towards you.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for Your faithfulness towards me. Thank You that You never forsake the righteous and this is Your promise without any exception. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Hebrews 13:5 (Weymouth New Testament)
'For God Himself has said, ‘I will never, never let go your hand!’'
- How reassuring it is to know that the Lord will never let us go.
- He says to you today: ‘I will never, never let go your hand!’
- He will not withdraw His presence from you.
- He will not withdraw His help and support from your life.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for the fact that You will always be with me. Others may let me go or abandon me, but You will always be there to hold me by my hand. Amen.