Daily Bible Verse: John 14:27
‘Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.’
- God is our Prince of Peace.
- He has a gift for you – His peace.
- May His peace flood our heart and soul during this season.
- Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
PRAYER: Lord, You are MY Prince of Peace. I receive Your gift of peace right now. I reject any fear or anxiety and I choose to walk in the peace You have provided for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: James 1:17
‘Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.’
- The Lord is our everlasting Father.
- Your Heavenly Father loves and cares for you.
- Every gift that He provides is good and perfect.
- We can completely depend on and trust our eternal Father.
PRAYER: Lord, what a delight for me to realize that You are my Everlasting Father. You are the giver of every good and perfect gift and I thank You today for all You have done for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Corinthians 6:18
‘I will be a Father to you, and you will be My sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.’
- We serve a Mighty God.
- There is nothing that is too hard for Him.
- No situation or circumstance is beyond His control and power.
- And this Almighty God wants to be your Father.
PRAYER: Lord, You are the Mighty God in whom I place my complete trust and confidence. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 32:8
‘I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with My loving eye on you.’
- The Bible tells us that the Lord is our wonderful counselor.
- A counselor is someone who advises and gives direction.
- The Lord wants to come and walk with you in the course of life.
- How wonderful it is to know that you and I have a counselor.
PRAYER: Lord, You are my counselor. I ask You to come and instruct, advise and teach me what is best for my life and future. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 40:5
‘Many, LORD my God, are the wonders You have done, the things You planned for us. None can compare with You; were I to speak and tell of Your deeds, they would be too many to declare.’
- This is the time when we remember the great things that God has done for us.
- We remember how He sent His Son as a gift to all humanity.
- We also remember His faithfulness to us as individuals.
- And we celebrate and look forward to His blessing in the future.
PRAYER: Lord, this is truly such a wonderful time of the year. We remind ourselves of Your faithfulness and goodness to us in the past and we look forward with expectant anticipation. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 25:1
‘LORD, You are my God; I will exalt You and praise Your name, for in perfect faithfulness You have done wonderful things.’
- Just think of it, the Lord is YOUR God.
- Just think of it, the Lord is perfectly faithful.
- As you look back over this year, think of the wonderful things He has done.
- Now begin to praise and exalt His wonderful name.
PRAYER: Lord, I rejoice and I celebrate the wonderful things that You have done for me. You are truly ‘perfectly faithful’! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 43:19
‘I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.’
- God will make a way, of that you can be sure.
- He has promised never to leave you nor forsake you.
- He can restore your fortunes and bring blessing in unlikely situations.
- So be expectant and believe that He will make a way.
PRAYER: Lord, You are the One who can make a way in the wilderness. I pray that You will make a way for me and that as a result I will enjoy the blessings you have in store. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 13:21
‘By day the LORD went ahead of them in a pillar of cloud to guide them on their way and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, so that they could travel by day or night.’
- God will never abandon you.
- He will lead you day by day as you trust and hold His hand.
- Just as the Lord led His people day and night, so He will lead you.
- He will guide you and He will show you which way you should go.
PRAYER: Lord, I place my hand in Yours today. Take me by the hand and lead, guide and show me each step I need to take. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Daniel 6:10
‘Now when Daniel learned that the decree had been published, he went home to his upstairs room where the windows opened toward Jerusalem. Three times a day he got down on his knees and prayed, giving thanks to his God, just as he had done before.’
- Daniel was facing great issues and challenges.
- But he did not allow the prevailing circumstances to rattle him.
- He kept on doing what he knew was the right thing to do.
- As a result God brought him through the challenge victorious.
PRAYER: Lord, may I be like Daniel, who was not thrown off course by things that were happening around him. But help me to remain steadfast in the confidence and hope I have in You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Philippians 4:6
‘Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.’
- Here is a very clear instruction.
- Do not be anxious about anything.
- But we should rather turn our concerns into prayers.
- God knows what you are facing and He will answer your call.
PRAYER: Lord, You know my every care, concern and worry. I place these things safely into Your almighty hands and I rest in the knowledge that You are good and You will help me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 95:6
‘O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker.’
- What a privilege we have to be able to worship God.
- Just think about it, He is your maker.
- He is the One who truly knows and understands you.
- So submit your life and your future at His feet.
PRAYER: Lord, I recognize that down at Your feet, oh Lord, is the most high place. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Ephesians 4:31-32
‘Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger…. Be kind to one another!’
- There are many things that can rob us of what God has in store.
- But we must get rid of these things.
- Don’t let the disappointments of life turn you bitter.
- Let your stumbling block become a stepping stone.
PRAYER: Lord, forgive me for my bitterness, rage and anger. I renounce these things today and I choose to walk in forgiveness in all areas of my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Matthew 7:12
'So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you!'
- We live in a world of selfishness and self-focus.
- But our Saviour calls us to be different and to have an outward focus.
- It is as we forget ourselves that we do things that are remembered.
- So be determined that you will be a blessing to others.
PRAYER: Lord, may my life be a tool in Your hand so that others can be touched, helped and strengthened because of the fact that You live within me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 3:8
'From the LORD comes deliverance.'
- To what are you looking, in the hope that it/they will deliver you?
- Remember that the Lord is your deliverer.
- He is the One who will come and rescue and save you.
- He is your source and your Saviour.
PRAYER: Lord, I recognize today that You alone are my deliverer. I will remain strong in hope, knowing that You will come through for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 29:11
'The Lord will give strength to His people; The Lord will bless His people with peace.'
- The Lord is able and willing to give you the strength you need.
- He will impart to you the strength He abundantly possesses.
- So receive His strength and be blessed with His peace.
- He is the source of the perfect peace which 'passes all understanding'!
PRAYER: Lord, in this very moment, I receive Your strength and Your peace into my heart and life. Strengthen and help me I pray. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Peter 4:8
'Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins.'
- Showing love and kindness to others is what we were designed for.
- Love covers a multitude of sins.
- It is said that: 'Faults are thick where love is thin!'
- So let us operate in the spirit of love and things will change.
PRAYER: Lord, You showed us how to really love and care for others. Help me to be able to do the same and cause me to live my life guided by love. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 3:3
He replied, "I tell you the truth, unless you are born again, you cannot see the Kingdom of God."
- You were born into a natural family, but you can also be born in God's family.
- The purpose of life is to discover God and become His child.
- It is better to never have been born than never to have been born again.
- So give your heart and life to Him, you will not regret it.
PRAYER: Lord, forgive me for those things that I have done that have displeased You. I recognize that You are the one true living God and I receive You into my life. Be my Lord and Saviour. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Matthew 8:24
'Suddenly a furious storm came up on the lake, so that the waves swept over the boat.'
- Have you ever felt like this?
- Like a storm has come from nowhere and has overtaken you?
- God can use the storm to work within you and equip you for service.
- So don't despise the storm, but look for His purpose in it all.
PRAYER: Lord, when I face the storms of life, it is not always easy. But I know that even in the storm You are there and You are working things out for my good. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Kings 6:16
"Don't be afraid," the prophet answered. "Those who are with us are more than those who are with them."
- Sometimes we can lose perspective on our situation.
- We can think we are facing defeat when victory is around the corner.
- Do not forget that God is between you and your enemy.
- He has the final say and know that His strength is with you.
PRAYER: Lord, You are my defender. Who can be against me if You are for me? Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Hebrews 13:5
Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."
- Are you content or are you constantly dissatisfied?
- When we learn to be content, it can be a powerful force in our lives.
- It allows us to get out of any situation, all there is in it.
- The alternative robs us of the enjoyment of what we have now.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for all You have given and provided me with. I am truly blessed. The greatest gift is simply knowing that You are with me. Amen.