Daily Bible Verse: Deuteronomy 1:31
'…you saw how the LORD your God carried you, as a father carries his son, all the way you went until you reached this place.'
- The Lord wants to come and lift you up and carry you.
- He knows where He is taking you on this journey of life.
- He will carry you every step of the way as you rest in His arms.
- Don’t be discouraged and don’t despair, He will carry you.
PRAYER: Lord, I pray that You will come and lift me up into Your mighty arms. I ask you to carry and sustain me and bring me to the place that You have prepared for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Nehemiah 4:20b
'Our God will fight for us!'
- What a joy it is to know that we never need to fight alone.
- The Lord is with you and He will fight for you.
- All you need to do is to rest in Him and obey His leading.
- He has the final say in all things and He brings the victory.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You that I do not need to walk this road alone. You have promised to be with me and to fight for me. I rest in You, knowing You are able to bring me to a place of victory. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Deuteronomy 1:30
'The LORD your God who goes before you will Himself fight on your behalf, just as He did for you in Egypt before your eyes.'
- Remember that the Lord is YOUR God.
- He goes before you so you need not fear what tomorrow may bring.
- He Himself will fight for you and on your behalf.
- You will still testify about His goodness and faithfulness towards you.
PRAYER: Lord, You are MY God. I place my hope, my confidence and my future into your capable and trustworthy hands. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 119:90
'Your faithfulness extends to every generation, as enduring as the earth you created.'
- The faithfulness of the Lord continues in perpetuity.
- He was faithful to the people in the Bible and He is faithful to us today.
- No one is excluded or left out when it comes to His faithfulness.
- He is faithful to you and He will be faithful to those who follow you.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You that I can know Your faithfulness each and every day. It is Your faithfulness that gives me strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Jonah 2:6b (New Living Translation)
'But You, O LORD my God, snatched me from the jaws of death!'
- Sometimes life can take us right to the edge.
- The Lord, however, faithfully comes to bring us back from the edge.
- If you feel as if you are on the edge, let Him snatch you back.
- He will never abandon you, He will come to you.
PRAYER: Lord, how wonderful it is to know that You can ‘snatch me back from the jaws of death’! You, O LORD, are my God and I will trust and not despair. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 18:16
'He reached down from on high and took hold of me; He drew me out of deep waters.'
- This verse is a beautiful picture of what the Lord wants to do for us.
- When Peter was sinking, the Lord stretched out His hand and caught hold of him.
- He is able to draw us out of the floods which can overwhelm us.
- Let Him TAKE HOLD of you today and never let go of His hand.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You that You are the One who can ‘take hold’ of me. You are also the One who knows what I am facing and You can pull me out of any deep waters I face. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 18:17
'He (The Lord) delivered me from my strong enemy, and from those who hated me, for they were too mighty for me.'
- Divine intervention is something the Lord wants to do for us.
- When we feel overwhelmed and the battle is too much, then let us remember Him.
- He is the great deliverer.
- He is the mighty God who is strong to save and able to do what we cannot do.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You that You are my deliverer. When the pressures of life seem to crowd my life, I will remember that there is One who is mightier than all else. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalms 89:8
'Who is like You, LORD God Almighty? You, LORD, are mighty, and Your faithfulness surrounds You.'
- It is in the Lord’s very nature and character to be faithful to you.
- He is faithful therefore He will be constantly and consistently faithful to you.
- His faithfulness will be seen in all that He does in your life.
- As His faithfulness surrounds Him, so it will also surround you.
PRAYER: Lord, surround me with Your faithfulness. Fill me with the great assurance that no matter what happens, Your faithfulness will be there and it will see me through. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalms 36:5
'Your steadfast love, O LORD, extends to the heavens, your faithfulness to the clouds.'
- There is no limit to His faithfulness.
- As clouds tower high above the earth, so His faithfulness towers over you.
- In addition we have the wonderful knowledge of His enduring love.
- May His steadfast love and towering faithfulness surround you!
PRAYER: Lord, I receive Your steadfast love for me afresh today. I recognise that You are truly faithful and I look forward to the fact that I can expected Your great faithfulness to continue in my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Deuteronomy 7:9
'Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love….'
- There is something that the Lord wants us to know beyond all doubt.
- He wants us to know that no matter what happens, He is faithful.
- He is the faithful God who keep His covenant with us.
- He is the faithful One who always loves us and never removes His love from us.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for Your great love and faithfulness towards me. May I never doubt or wonder if this is true, but may I know this truth in a real and living way. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 147:3
'He heals the broken-hearted and binds up their wounds.'
- The Lord is the great healer and the restorer of our souls.
- He can turn any situation around and nothing is ever beyond His intervention.
- At the same time He knows the condition of our hearts.
- He heals the broken-hearted and He personally comes to bind up their wounds.
PRAYER: Lord, You know every detail of my condition and my state. You are intimately familiar with what I have been through and the wounds I carry. Thank You that You are the One who binds up the wounds and brings healing. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 34:18
'The LORD is close to the broken-hearted; He rescues those whose spirits are crushed.'
- We all face times of difficulty and challenge.
- We can even feel broken-hearted and crushed in our spirits.
- But it is at these times that the Lord is even closer than we think.
- Let Him come and flood your heart, soul and mind with His peace.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You that You are close to me when I am facing things I thought I could not handle. May I know Your presence as a living reality and will Your rescue and revive my spirit I pray. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Corinthians 4:7
'We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves.'
- The Lord has placed within each one of us something that makes us different.
- We ourselves are weak and fragile, like clay pots.
- When our weakness and His strength are combined something wonderful happens.
- His light in our hearts shows others that HE is a living reality.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for the great treasure that You have placed within me. May my light shine before all people so that they will see You and give glory to you. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Romans 8:35
'Can anything ever separate us from Christ's love?'
- This is a rhetorical question, because the answer is clear, nothing!
- No one can pluck you or snatch you out of His hand.
- He will never let go of you nor will He ever release His hold on you.
- His love and our eternal connection to it, is our ever-lasting security.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You that nothing and no one will ever be able to separate me form You great love for me. This is my foundation and this is my security, all because of Your goodness towards me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Romans 8:37
'No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.'
- There are many things that can make us feel insecure or bring doubt.
- But we can live with divine certainty in our lives on a daily basis.
- The main reason is simply because we are greatly loved by God.
- In His great love, He comes and makes us more than conquerors.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for Your great love for me. I am loved by my Heavenly Father and because of this great love, I have nothing to fear and I can be a conqueror regardless of the situation. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Corinthians 15:57
'But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory…'
- You and I can live in victory because of what our Lord has done for us.
- Our shortcomings are nothing when we look at our Saviour.
- He wants to come today, by His Spirit, and give you the victory.
- So be thankful and lift up a shout of praise, you are His and victory is yours.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You that even though I may feel weak and overwhelmed, You are my reason to rejoice and be thankful, because You give me the victory I need. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Proverbs 21:31
'The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but victory rests (belongs) with the LORD.'
- In life we have to face battles and challenges.
- In the old days horses were used to fight battles.
- In our lives we have instruments we use to cope and fight our battles.
- But ultimately our help comes from the Lord and we are assisted from above.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You that as I face the battles and challenges that lay ahead of me, I can always remind myself that You are my strength and my help and the victory I am trusting for rests with You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 50:14a
'Make thankfulness your sacrifice to God…'
- Thankfulness is an important aspect of our lives.
- We are meant to be people who have thankful hears.
- Sometimes circumstances may not lend themselves to us being thankful.
- We should still be thankful, anyway, even if at times it is a sacrifice.
PRAYER: Lord, I choose to be a thankful person. I know that there is always something that I can be thankful for. I focus on those things and bring you a sacrifice of praise and thanksgiving. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 94:19
'When my anxious thoughts multiply within me, Your consolations delight my soul.'
- The Lord will not forget His people and that includes you.
- Sometimes our anxious thoughts can multiply within us.
- But when this happens we can take God’s Word and find consolation.
- Find your comfort and consolation in Him and let His words soothe your soul.
PRAYER: Lord, You know my every thought. You know even when I have anxious thoughts that want to run amok and overpower me. But I will find my comfort in You and in Your words to me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 3:3
'You, LORD, are a shield around me, my glory, the One who lifts my head high.'
- At times the pressures of life can bring us to a low place.
- But the Lord graciously comes alongside and lifts up our heads.
- The Lord does not want us to walk around with our heads hanging.
- He wants us to face each day with our heads held high because He is our hope.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You that You are the lifter of my head. May Your glory come and shine on me and through me because of my hope in You. Amen.