Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 9:6
'A child will be born for us. A son will be given to us'
- God has given us everything we need.
- He even gave us His own Son as a gift.
- This gift needs to be accepted and received as our own.
- A gift that we don’t appropriate (make our own) has no value.
PRAYER: Lord, thank you for the gift of Your Son that we celebrate at this time of the year. We receive this great gift with the full knowledge that HE is Your gift to us. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Luke 1:37
'For nothing is impossible with God.'
- What is the most challenging thing you are facing at present?
- That issue is not too hard for the Lord to resolve.
- Everything that He has said or promised, He is able to do.
- Don’t limit Him because nothing is impossible with Him.
PRAYER: Lord, I recognize that You are great and that nothing is too hard for You to handle. I trust You with my issues and concerns. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Luke 1:35
'The angel replied, ‘The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the baby to be born will be holy, and He will be called the Son of God.'
- When God touches our lives, everything changes.
- When He touched the life of Mary all of history was changed.
- May the Holy Spirit come upon you.
- May the power of the Most High overshadow you.
PRAYER: Lord, I pray, that by Your Spirit You will come upon my life. Touch me, change me, fill me and use me I pray. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Luke 1:30
'Don't be afraid, Mary,’ the angel told her, ‘for you have found favor with God!'
- There is no greater joy than finding favor with God.
- The Lord’s favor and blessing on our lives is our greatest wealth.
- When we know this as a reality, there is no need to fear.
- May His favor and blessing rest on you!
PRAYER: Lord, thank you for Your favor and blessing on my life. I choose to live my life to honor and please You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 15:20
'Then Miriam took a tambourine and led all the women as they played their tambourines and danced.'
- There comes a time when we need to start rejoicing and giving thanks.
- Things may not have gone as planned, but God has brought us through it.
- There is always a reason to rejoice and be thankful.
- Take a moment and celebrate the victories that He has given you.
PRAYER: Lord, today I want to take a moment to give You thanks and praise for Your faithfulness and love during this year. I celebrate the fact that You have helped me and carried me in so many ways. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Jeremiah 31:4
'Once again I will build you up, and you will be rebuilt, my dear people...'
- Our lives can be compared to a building.
- Aspects of our lives can get broken over time.
- But the Lord wants to come and start the rebuilding process.
- When He rebuilds something, it is guaranteed to stand.
PRAYER: Lord, come into all those broken and damaged areas of my life and rebuild every aspect I pray. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Chronicles 31:21b
'Hezekiah sought his God wholeheartedly. As a result, he was very successful.'
- Following the Lord with all our hearts brings great reward.
- Giving God first place sets us up for success.
- We should seek God and do it with all our hearts.
- The outflow of living in this way is success.
PRAYER: Lord, help me to live my life wholeheartedly sold out to You. I choose to pursue You with all my heart, all my soul, all my strength and all my mind. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 119:73
'Your hands made me and formed (fashioned) me.'
- The very hands of God have formed and shaped you.
- He does not make junk.
- His hands have formed you and His hands have held you together.
- Know that the LORD is God. It is He who made you, and you are His.
PRAYER: Lord, I am the work of Your hands. I am Yours and You are the maker of my soul. In Your hands, my life and future are secure and preserved. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 138:8
'The LORD will work out His plans for my life - for Your faithful love, O LORD, endures forever.'
- Did you realize that the Lord has plans for your life?
- In His great love for you, He has included plans and purposes for you.
- He will work out His plans for your life.
- Rest in Him and His faithful and enduring love for you.
PRAYER: Lord, Thank you that You will perfect that which concerns me. I pray that You will fulfill Your purposes for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 20:6
'Now this I know: The LORD gives victory to His anointed. He answers him from His heavenly sanctuary with the victorious power of His right hand.'
- There are certain things that you can be assured of.
- You can be sure that God is for you and not against you.
- You can be sure that He wants to give you the victory.
- You can be sure of His eternal love and kindness towards you.
PRAYER: Lord, I rejoice in the confidence I can have in You, my Heavenly Father and my Lord and Savior. Surely You will give me the victory that I am trusting You for. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Lamentations 3:22
'Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail.'
- The Lord’s great love for you knows no end.
- Because of His faithful love we are sustained day by day.
- His compassions are intertwined with everything He does.
- And His love, his mercy and His grace will never fail you.
PRAYER: Lord, Thank you Lord that Your compassions for me will never fail and Your great love will carry me all the way. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 138:7
'Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You preserve my life. You stretch out Your hand against the anger of my foes; with Your right hand You save me.'
- David ‘walked in the midst of trouble’ for most of his life.
- But the Lord preserved his life.
- He will do the same thing for you.
- He stretches our His hand against the anger of your foes.
PRAYER: Lord, You truly are the preserver of my life. I take hold of Your saving, right hand now and I walk with boldness and confidence. Amen
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 26:4
'Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD himself, is the Rock eternal.'
- Trusting God should be the logical thing to do.
- When we trust Him, we are trusting that which is eternal.
- Let Him be the everlasting rock of your life.
- He is the rock that cannot be moved and will not be shaken.
PRAYER: Lord, who else can we turn to but you oh Lord? You are the rock and apart from you there is no other. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Hebrews 1:3
'The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of His being, sustaining all things by His powerful word.'
- Ultimately the Lord is our sustainer.
- He sustains all things and that includes you.
- His Word is powerful and it has the power to hold you up.
- He will lift you up, He will carry you and He will sustain you.
PRAYER: Lord, I recognize that You are the one who carries and sustains me each and every day. May I find my security in You alone. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Jonah 2:1
'From inside the fish Jonah prayed to the LORD his God.'
- It’s a joy to know that no matter what we are facing, we can call on God.
- Jonah found himself in a hopeless situation.
- But even there it was possible to call out to the Lord.
- You and I can do the same and we should not hesitate to do so.
PRAYER: Lord, You know what I am facing and going through and in the midst of it all I choose to call on You, my Lord and my Saviour. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 23:4
'Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for You are with me!'
- Darkness or dark valleys are no threat to God.
- No matter how great the darkness may be, He is always there.
- We may pass through dark valleys, but there is no need to fear.
- He will never let you down and He has victory in His hand.
PRAYER: Lord, thank you that I can know that no matter what I am facing, You are close beside me and I can rest in the knowledge that there is nothing to fear when You are near. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Peter 1:8
'You love Him even though you have never seen Him. Though you do not see Him now, you trust Him; and you rejoice with a glorious, inexpressible joy.'
- We have this living hope and a faith that allows us to trust God.
- We can believe even though we have not seen His gracious face.
- We can know Him, because His Spirit bears witness with our spirit.
- As a result we can have great confidence and great joy.
PRAYER: Lord, I rejoice in the fact that Your Holy Spirit is at work within me confirming Your greatness and Your love for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Joshua 24:15
'Choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve.'
- Choices are vital part of every aspect of life.
- There comes a day in our lives when we have to make a choice.
- The choice is whether we will serve the Lord or not.
- Make the right choice today and every day of your life.
PRAYER: Lord, I come to You today and I place my life in Your hands. I place my hands into Your eternal, loving hands. I choose to serve You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Corinthians 5:15
'He died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for Him who died for them and was raised again.'
- There is no room for selfishness in our lives.
- We are blessed so that we can be a blessing in return.
- Don’t live just for yourself, but LIVE for Him.
- Live for Him and let Him use your life today.
PRAYER: Lord, forgive me for living life in a self-centered way. May my life, from this day forward, be something that You use to be a blessing in return. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Corinthians 12:10
'I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and difficulties for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong'
- Along the road of life there are many challenges.
- Perhaps you had hoped that the challenges would be removed?
- Often, in time, we see that God had a purpose in it all.
- It is in the weakness, as we depend on Him, that we are strong.
PRAYER: Lord, You know exactly what You are doing in my life. It is only You who can take my stumbling block and turn it into a stepping stone for Your glory. Amen.