Daily Bible Verse: Ecclesiastes 3:14 (Lexham English Bible)
'I know everything God does endures forever; nothing can be added to it, and nothing can be taken from it, for God so acts that humans might stand in awe before Him.'
- The Lord does not act according to the whims and fancies of man.
- He is the supreme and sovereign God.
- Humanity may think it can do as it pleases, but the will of God stands forever.
- This is a foundation we can stand on in the storms and insecurities of life.
PRAYER: Lord, I stand, yes I stand in awe of You and of Your greatness and Your sovereignty. I know that every word You have spoken endures forever. Amen
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 106:8
'He saved them - to defend the honour of His name and to demonstrate His mighty power.'
- The Lord wants to work in your situation as a demonstration of His mighty power.
- He wants intervene and save simply because He is God.
- We may fail Him but He has no intention of failing us.
- He will defend the honour of His name and work wonders.
PRAYER: Lord, may Your mighty power be demonstrated in my situation so that others will know that You are God and that there is no one like You. Amen
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Samuel 12:22
'For the sake of His great name the LORD will not reject His people, because the LORD was pleased to make you His own.'
- The Lord has not and will not reject or abandon you.
- He will never reject His own sons and daughters.
- As His child you belong to Him.
- Rest assured today that you belong to God and He is your Father.
PRAYER: Lord, I rest secure, now and always, in the great knowledge that I belong to You and You will in no way abandon, reject or leave me. Amen
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Peter 2:9
'…for He called you out of the darkness into His wonderful light.'
- The Lord is One who calls out to us in our darkness.
- He comes to exchange darkness with His wonderful light.
- He has called us out of the darkness of ignorance and sin.
- Those who walk in His light experience something of His wonder and glory.
PRAYER: Lord, today I step away from the darkness. I hear Your call and I respond, and I step into Your wonderful light. Amen
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 118:27
'The LORD is God, and He has made His light shine on us.'
- The Lord has caused His face to shine upon you.
- His desire is that you would know His light in your heart and life.
- His light shines bright even in the darkest night.
- His light will guide, comfort and sustain you.
PRAYER: Lord, let Your light, the light of Your face shine on me. May I walk in Your light and in the process may I know the assurance that You have saved me and You have given me life. Amen
Daily Bible Verse: Mark 11:25
'If you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.'
- Unforgiveness and grudges rob us of God’s blessing.
- We all carry scars and wounds.
- As we release these things, we can receive healing and forgiveness for ourselves.
- As we extend forgiveness to others, God extends forgiveness to us.
PRAYER: Lord, I forgive those who have hurt me and done harm to me and my family. I choose to walk in forgiveness so that I can enjoy the freedom that it brings. Amen
Daily Bible Verse: Mark 11:22
'Have faith in God,’ He answered'
- There are many things in life that rattle and disturb us.
- But through it all we should continue to have faith in God.
- What seems difficult to you is easy with God.
- The things which are impossible with men are possible with Him.
PRAYER: Lord, I choose to trust and have faith in You. You are omnipotent and all-powerful. There is nothing that is too hard for you. Amen
Daily Bible Verse: Philippians 4:8
'Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honourable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable.'
- Our thoughts are an important part of our lives.
- In fact, we become what we think.
- We can choose what we fix our thoughts on, either positive or negative.
- Let your thoughts be fixed on what is true, honourable, right, pure, lovely and admirable.
PRAYER: Lord, forgive me for the negativity, doubt and fear that often fills my thoughts. I choose today to fix my thoughts on those things that please You. Amen
Daily Bible Verse: Hebrews 10:23
'Let us seize and hold tightly the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is reliable and trustworthy and faithful to His word.'
- You and I are encouraged to have confidence towards God.
- Our Hope is our greatest asset.
- We need to hold firmly onto the hope we have in Him.
- The Lord is reliable, trustworthy and faithful.
PRAYER: Lord, I choose to hold tightly onto the hope that I have in You as my Father and my God. May I not waver or doubt because You are reliable, trustworthy and faithful. Amen
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Corinthians 10:13
'God is faithful, and He will not let you be tempted beyond your strength, but with the temptation will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.'
- The foundation of our faith is the fact that God is faithful.
- In His faithfulness He knows how much we can bear.
- He will not allow us to carry more than we are able to carry.
- And He promises a way out or a ‘way of escape’.
PRAYER: Lord, truly You are my Faithful Father. I rejoice to know that You know what I am facing and you will make a way for me to endure it and to emerge victorious. Amen
Daily Bible Verse: Matthew 25:21
'You have been faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things.'
- Consistently being faithful brings rewards.
- As we are faithful over our everyday responsibilities, further doors will open.
- Often it is the little things in which we need to be faithful.
- As we are faithful in the little things, over time, greater things will be entrusted to us.
PRAYER: Lord, as I endeavour to be faithful with the things that You have entrusted me with, I pray that You will open many new and exciting doors for me. Amen
Daily Bible Verse: Acts 6:5
'…and they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Spirit…'
- What an awesome thing for people to be able to say about you.
- Can people say about you, what they said about Stephen?
- Can people describe you as one who is ‘full of faith and full of the Holy Spirit’?
- This is a wonderful compliment.
PRAYER: Lord, I pray that Your touch on my life will make me different and I pray that others will be able to see the wonderful things you have done in my life. Amen
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Corinthians 3:18
'And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord's glory, are being transformed into His image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.'
- The influence of the Holy Spirit in our lives leads to transformation.
- He wants to take us from one degree of glory to another.
- This transformation should be an on-going part of our Christian experience.
- The result is that we should become more and more like Him.
PRAYER: Lord, may I know what it means to be transformed and changed so that I can become what You intended for me to be, more and more like You. Amen
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 31:3
'I have filled him with the Spirit of God, giving him great wisdom, ability, and expertise in all kinds of crafts.'
- When we are filled with God’s Spirit there is no end to what can be achieved.
- Here we see that the result was wisdom, ability and expertise.
- Our own wisdom, ability and expertise can only take us so far.
- When we are empowered by His Spirit, He gives us His wisdom, ability and expertise.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for the life-transforming effect that comes about when You fill my life with Your Spirit. May I know and operate with Your wisdom, Your ability and Your expertise each day. Amen
Daily Bible Verse: Acts 11:15
'As I began to speak,’ Peter continued, ’the Holy Spirit fell on them, just as He fell on us at the beginning.'
- The Lord sent His Holy Spirit to be with you continually.
- His Spirit fell on people in the Bible and you can know the same thing.
- His Spirit makes all the difference in our daily lives.
- So ask Him to fill you with His precious Holy Spirit.
PRAYER: Lord, just as Your Holy Spirit came on people in the early church, I pray that Your Spirit will fall upon me and transform my life. Amen
Daily Bible Verse: Proverbs 28:25
'He who is of a proud heart stirs up strife, but he who trusts in the Lord will be prospered.'
- Those who trust in the Lord will be prospered.
- Those who trust in Lord will be in His care.
- He will undertake, He will provide and He will bless.
- The LORD will withhold no good thing from those who do what is right.
PRAYER: Lord, I need Your blessing and provision in my life. You are the source of every gift and I rest in the knowledge that You are my provider and the One who knows my every need. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Jeremiah 17:7-8
'Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, and whose hope is the LORD. For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, Which spreads out its roots by the river, And will not fear when heat comes; But its leaf will be green, And will not be anxious in the year of drought, Nor will cease from yielding fruit.'
- As we trust the Lord we can be fruitful at all times
- We do not need to be anxious in the year of drought or famine.
- We can be fruitful in adverse conditions if only we will trust Him.
- As a result, we do not need to fear, no matter what happens.
PRAYER: Lord, I pray that as I trust in You, that I will be fruitful, productive and filled with creative ideas. I pray that You will remove fear and anxiety from my life because You are my hope. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 26:3
'You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.'
- We can know peace as we trust God.
- Let us keep our minds ‘stayed on Him’.
- As we do this, we can know His peace and it will protect our hearts.
- Trusting is our responsibility, peace and protection is His responsibility.
PRAYER: Lord, I look to You today for the peace within my heart that I so long for and desire. I will do my part and believe and expect You peace to flood my heart. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Proverbs 16:20
'And whoever trusts in the Lord, happy is he.'
- As we trust in the Lord it leads to greater happiness and joy in life.
- To listen to what the Lord says and then to trust, are two things that work together.
- Listening to Him and trusting Him should be our conscience choice.
- Life, rest, joy and peace is what God has in store for us as we trust Him.
PRAYER: Lord, what a joy to know that I can trust You in child-like faith. I thank You for Your blessing on my life as a walk this ‘faith walk’ of trusting You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 37:3-4
'Trust in the Lord, and do good; dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness. Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart.'
- As you delight and trust in the Lord, He will give you the desires of your heart.
- This is part of the reward of trusting and placing our confidence in Him.
- May we also ‘feed on His faithfulness’ in the year that is ahead of us!
- He is the giver of every good and perfect gift.
PRAYER: Lord, I choose to trust You even more than I have ever done before. At the same time I desire to live a life in which I feed on Your faithfulness. Amen.