Daily Bible Verse: John 15:9
'As the Father has loved Me, so have I loved you. Now remain in My love.'
- You are loved by the Lord, your Saviour and your God.
- You are valuable and precious to Him.
- Stay connected to His love, don’t stray away from His love.
- His love for you will carry, sustain and bring you through your challenges.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for Your great love for me. I receive Your love afresh today. I choose to ‘remain’ in Your love because I know that this is the best and the most wonderful place for me to be. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Matthew 1:23
'…and they shall call His name Emmanuel - which, when translated, means, God with us.'
- The greatest joy that humanity can know is the knowledge that God is with us.
- This fact changes the very dynamic of our lives.
- You are not alone and you do not need to make it on your own.
- He is with you and His name, Emmanuel, is the guarantee, regardless of your situation.
PRAYER: Lord, what a joy it is to know that You are with me. Right now, in this very moment, at this point in my life, regardless of my circumstances, You are with me and I am not alone. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Corinthians 12:9
'My grace (My favour and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and show themselves most effective in your weakness.'
- He is all you need to see you through.
- His grace, favour, loving-kindness and mercy can carry you no matter what.
- When you feel weak, He comes alongside and gives you the strength you need.
- Let us rely on and rest in His love and the strength that He gives us.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for Your grace, favour, loving-kindness and mercy towards me. May Your strength and Your power carry me as I humbly trust You! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Corinthians 4:17
'For our light and temporary affliction is producing for us an eternal glory that far outweighs our troubles.'
- No experience that we ever go through in life is ever wasted.
- Even the difficult and challenging aspects are something the Lord will use.
- He is at work within each one of us producing something of ‘eternal glory’.
- Let Him complete His work so that You can be a testimony of His workmanship.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You that You are always at work within us even when we are faced with things we would rather have avoided. You are the One who takes all these things and works them out for our good. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 118:1
'Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; For His lovingkindness is everlasting.'
- Let our starting point today be one of thankfulness.
- Let the first thing we give today be a sacrifice of praise and thanks.
- We have so many reasons to be thankful towards the Lord.
- He is our loving Heavenly Father and His love for us is everlasting.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for Your lovingkindness towards me today. I choose to start my day in praise and thanks to You. You are my Faithful Father. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 30:5
'…His favour lasts a lifetime...'
- His love, kindness, goodwill and favour does not come and go.
- His favour is not for a moment here and there in our lives.
- His blessing and favour endures and knows no end.
- Each day His mercies and faithfulness are available to us anew.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for Your favour and kindness towards me and my family. Help me to realise that this wonderful aspect of Your character is something I can depend on and something I can build my future on. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Numbers 6:26
'The LORD will look on you with favour and give you peace.'
- Sometimes we do not always expect God’s best towards us.
- But today He wants to look on you with favour.
- Expect Him to turn His gaze towards you with all the blessings it brings.
- As a result, may you know a deep sense of peace and security within you!
PRAYER: Lord, may I experience what it means to know that You have turned Your face towards me with favour. May my heart and spirit see beyond my physical situation and into Your face, and give me peace. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 29:11 (Amplified)
'The Lord will give [unyielding and impenetrable] strength to His people; the Lord will bless His people with peace.'
- Look what the Lord wants to do for you today!
- Receive His unyielding and impenetrable strength right now.
- Let Him flood your heart with His strength and His peace.
- This wonderful gift is available to you because you belong to Him.
PRAYER: Lord, I stretch out my hands to receive strength and peace from You today. I reject all doubt, fear and anxiety. I embrace the gifts of strength and peace that You give to me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 50:9a
'Behold, the Lord GOD helps me; who will declare me guilty?'
- The Lord is your helper and the One who comes to lift you up.
- The implication here is that He will help and we can expect His help.
- If He is helping you, then what other being can undermine Him?
- Therefore, we can be confident and walk forward in faith.
PRAYER: Lord, You are MY helper. If You are for me, then who can be against me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 51:8b (Amplified)
'My rightness and justice [and faithfully fulfilled promise] shall be forever…'
- How wonderful it is to know that we can utterly depend on God and His promises.
- He is the One who always faithfully fulfils His promises.
- He doesn’t abolish or forget His promises to us over time.
- He remains faithful and while other things change, His words stand secure.
PRAYER: Lord, how wonderful it is to know that I can totally rely, depend and rest in Your enduring faithfulness to me. As I stand on Your word, I know I am standing of the Rock that will never be moved. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 15:8
'This is to My Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, proving yourselves to be My disciples.'
- You and I are called to be producers and not consumers.
- When we are productive and fruitful it brings glory and honour to God.
- Each one of us has a role to play and destiny to fulfil.
- You are not here by mistake, you are His disciple and He wants you to be fruitful.
PRAYER: Lord, I desire that You would use my life for Your purposes. Thank You that I am Your child and help me to fulfil those things that You have pre-prepared for me to do. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Matthew 5:14
'You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden.'
- You and I are called to be ‘light bearers’ to the world around us.
- We need to reflect the light we have received into the darkness of the world.
- As a child of God, those around you are watching and reading you like a book.
- Let your life shine brightly, so that others will be drawn to His light.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for the fact that You use my life to demonstrate Your light to those around me. May I always reflect Your light in a way that honours and brings glory to You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 8:12
'I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.'
- Light, is that wonderful ingredient that allows all life to exist and flourish.
- The Lord is the source of light in our lives.
- When we pursue Him, light floods our lives and hearts.
- You never need to walk in darkness, but you can know His light.
PRAYER: Lord, flood my heart and life with Your light today. May every bit of darkness flee and may I walk in Your light, today and always. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Philippians 4:8
'Finally, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.'
- What we spend our time thinking about is very important.
- The Bible tells us that we become what we think about.
- Our thoughts should past the 8 tests indicated above.
- Don’t let negative thoughts fill your mind, think about good things.
PRAYER: Lord, help me not to allow negative and destructive thoughts to fill my mind and heart. I choose to focus on the good in life and I choose to think on what is right and pleasing to You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Acts 1:7
'He said to them, ‘It is not for you to know times or seasons that the Father has fixed by His own authority.’'
- The timing of God can be one the biggest things to come to terms with.
- We live in an ‘instant’ society and we want to see things happen immediately.
- His timing and His seasons are in His hands.
- If you are trusting for something specific, rest, knowing that He will do it in His time.
PRAYER: Lord, sometimes I am in a hurry to see Your promises and words to me fulfilled. At the same time I recognise that Your timing is always perfect. I choose to trust You and Your timing in my situation. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 34:1
'I will bless the LORD at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth.'
- Our praise is often a key to our breakthrough and victory.
- Often we think we will begin to praise when everything is perfect.
- Praise should be part of our lives on a continual basis.
- No matter what You are facing, begin to praise Him and see what He will do.
PRAYER: Lord, I choose, like the Psalmist, to bless You at all times and I choose to praise You with my mouth continuously. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Ephesians 5:20
'Giving thanks always for all things unto God…'
- Thankfulness should be an essential part of our everyday lives.
- Sometimes we can be thankful for the big things He has done.
- Sometimes we must just be thankful for a small mercies and miracles.
- The key is to ALWAYS be thankful for ALL things.
PRAYER: Lord, today I want to express my thankfulness to You, my Lord, for Your faithfulness in the big things as well as in the small miracles that I see each day. Thank you. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Revelation 12:11
'And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony.'
- Overcoming is part of the Lord’s plan and purpose for our lives.
- Never underestimate the power of the blood of the Lamb to change things.
- Never undervalue your testimony and your story regarding God’s faithfulness.
- May you live in victory and by His strength be a conqueror.
PRAYER: Lord, today I ask You to cover me with Your precious blood. May I know what it is to walk in victory, protected by Your very presence in my life! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Ephesians 1:18
'I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can understand the confident hope He has given to those He called - His holy people who are His rich and glorious inheritance.'
- The Lord wants us to live with our hearts flooded with His light.
- Perhaps your heart is heavy with concern and anxious thoughts?
- Open up your heart so that He can flood it with His light.
- Then you will be confident and filled with hope as you trust Him.
PRAYER: Lord, I open up my heart and life to You today. Come and flood my life with Your living light so that I will be filled with confidence and expectant hope from within my innermost being. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Romans 8:28
'And we know that God works ALL things together for the good of those who love Him, who are called according to His purpose.'
- In life we can face situations that seem to cause more damage than good.
- But the Lord uses every situation and circumstance that we may face.
- He takes these experiences and works them into something positive.
- This is an outflow of our love for Him and our desire to see His will being done.
PRAYER: Lord, You are the One who can take all the pieces of my life and make something beautiful of them. I give you the things I am going through and I ask You to work them all out for my good. Amen.