Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 35:6
'The lame will leap like a deer, and those who cannot speak will sing for joy! Springs will gush forth in the wilderness, and streams will water the wasteland.'
- There are many examples of people who were touched and changed by God.
- There are many stories about lives that were turned around.
- You are no exception and you are not excluded.
- He can cause stream to flow in your wilderness.
PRAYER: Lord, I give You all those areas of my life that desperately need to be revived. Bring new life and fill me with new hope. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Joel 3:18
'In that day the mountains will drip with sweet wine, and the hills will flow with milk. Water will fill the streambeds and a fountain will burst forth from the LORD's Temple, watering the arid valley.'
- You can look forward to the good things the Lord has for you.
- Weeping can last for a while, but His joy will come.
- He will fill the dry streambeds with water.
- He will restore hope and bring His new life into your life.
PRAYER: Lord, I pray that Your life will begin to flow in my life again. I give You those barren and dry areas and I ask You to flood them with Your living water. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Daniel 3:17
'If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God whom we serve is able to save us. He will rescue us from your power, Your Majesty.'
- The God who you serve is able to save you.
- He is able to rescue you from every evil power.
- He is greater than any challenge or hurdle you face.
- There is nothing that is too hard for Him.
PRAYER: Lord, You are my Saviour, You are my rescuer and You are my deliverer. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 3:6
'I will not fear though tens of thousands assail me on every side.'
- There is no need to entertain fear in our lives.
- Even if things look potentially dangerous, you can still have confidence.
- In the end of day fear is a choice.
- We can choose to fear or we can choose to trust.
PRAYER: Lord, I choose to trust in You. I will not fear and I will not allow the things around me to dictate fear in my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 118:10
'All the nations surrounded me, but armed with the name of the LORD, I defeated them.'
- Sometimes it can feel like we are under attack.
- It may feel like we are surrounded with no way out.
- But the Lord wants to give you the victory.
- Speak out His name over your situation.
PRAYER: Lord, I speak Your name over the situations and circumstances that I am facing. I declare that I will walk in victory because You are with me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Revelation 22:1
'Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God'
- We can know what it is to be connected to this river of life.
- Just as a river gives life to nature, so the Lord brings life into our lives.
- Receive the fresh flow from this life-giving river today.
- Let this river of life flow through you to touch the lives of others
PRAYER: Lord, may the life that can only come from you, flow through and in me today. As a result I pray that my life will be a source of life to those around me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Proverbs 17:9
'Love prospers when a fault is forgiven, but dwelling on it separates close friends.'
- It is easy to become offended with others.
- But when we move past this and give forgiveness, love prospers.
- When we focus on our offences it divides and destroys us.
- Choose the route of forgiveness and let love concur all.
PRAYER: Lord, forgive me for those times when I have taken offense towards others. May I walk in forgiveness and may I enjoy the freedom that it brings. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Ezekiel 36:26
'I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.'
- The Lord wants to see our relationship with Him restored.
- There is no place for cold or hardened hearts with us.
- Let Him come and change your heart and spirit.
- ‘You are a delight to me!’ says the Lord.
PRAYER: Change my heart oh Lord, make it ever new and may I be like You. You are the Potter and I am the clay, mould me and make me after Your own heart. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Corinthians 5:17
'Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.'
- As His child, you are a new creation.
- He has wiped away the past and given you a bright future.
- This re-creative work is ongoing and full of possibilities.
- Leave the past in the past and live in this newness of life.
PRAYER: Lord, I receive the fresh and the new thing You have birthed within me. I walk away from the past and I embrace the new things that You have birthed within me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 61:7
'Instead of shame and dishonour, you will enjoy a double share of honour. You will possess a double portion of prosperity in your land, and everlasting joy will be yours.'
- We often settle for less than God’s best in our lives.
- We may even settle for shame, disgrace and dishonour.
- This in not His plan for our lives, but He wants to turn this around.
- He wants to turn the shame into double honour, prosperity and joy.
PRAYER: Lord, I give you those things that I am ashamed of. I realise today that it is only You who can reverse those things and turn them into something beautiful. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Jeremiah 30:17
'I will restore you to health and heal your wounds,’ declares the LORD!'
- Life can leave us scared and damaged.
- But HE is the great restorer.
- HE knows every wound and HE knows every scar.
- And HE promises to restore us and heal us completely.
PRAYER: Lord, I claim this verse today. I trust You to do the work of healing and restoration in my heart and in my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Jeremiah 24:6
'My eyes will watch over them for their good, and I will bring them back to this land. I will build them up and not tear them down; I will plant them and not uproot them.'
- The Lord wants to build us up and plant us securely.
- His plans are still to prosper and bless you.
- He is working in us, even in the seasons of waiting.
- He is working all things out for our good.
PRAYER: Lord, how I rejoice in the knowledge that You are watching over me with every intention of lifting me up and setting my feet on solid ground. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Jeremiah 1:12
'The LORD said to me, ‘You have seen correctly, for I am watching to see that my word is fulfilled.'
- The Lord will not forget His promises to you.
- He will make sure that His words come true.
- He is watching for an opportunity to bring it to pass.
- So live with expectation and anticipation.
PRAYER: Lord, thank you that You are watching over Your word in order to perform it and bring it to pass in my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Titus 2:7
'In everything set them an example by doing what is good.'
- We are a book that other people read.
- We should set an example in the way we live our lives.
- When we do what is right and good we show the world that we are different.
- So be a shining light to those around you, by the example you set.
PRAYER: Lord, may my life be a living testimony and example of a way of living that will inspire others to also follow You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Timothy 4:12
'Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.'
- If you are a young person you have a very special role to play.
- The world needs the vibrancy and the hope found in young people.
- So set an example in all you do so that those watching you can be influenced.
- Watch your speech, the way you live your life and remain pure in all your ways.
PRAYER: Lord, may my life be an example to those around me of what You require of each one of us. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Proverbs 10:9
'Whoever walks in integrity walks securely, but whoever takes crooked paths will be found out.'
- Walking in integrity leads to walking securely.
- Crooked paths will be exposed and will be brought into the light.
- The Bible says that we should be sure that our sins will find us out.
- When you have nothing to hide or to fear you can live with confidence.
PRAYER: Lord, I choose to live according to Your patterns and character. May I be found to be a person of integrity and may it never be said of me that I took crooked paths. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Proverbs 13:22
'A good person leaves an inheritance for their children's children, but a sinner's wealth is stored up for the righteous.'
- Wealth gained through wrong means ends up being taken away.
- The next generation seldom see the benefit of such wealth.
- But the good person leaves something their children can be proud of.
- Be a blessing to the next generation by doing the right thing.
PRAYER: Lord, may my life and the way in which I choose to live my life be something that my children and my children’s children will be able to admire and be thankful for. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Proverbs 21:6
'A fortune made by a lying tongue is a fleeting vapour and a deadly snare.'
- Success by means of shortcuts is a road to destruction.
- When we walk in integrity, we can rest secure.
- Honesty is always the best policy.
- Build your life on those things that will bring a lasting outcome.
PRAYER: Lord, help me not to be tempted to take the short cuts that life may offer me. I choose to live a life that is guided by integrity. Amen.
Daiily Bible Verse: Proverbs 10:2
'Ill-gotten treasures have no lasting value, but righteousness delivers from death.'
- It is always the best thing to do the right thing.
- Doing the wrong thing ultimately brings death.
- Doing the right thing brings life and peace.
- Stay away from ill-gotten treasures – they have no lasting value.
PRAYER: Lord, I choose to do the right thing. I choose to stay away from evil and wrong choices. Fill my life with life and peace I pray and deliver me from death. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Proverbs 13:11
'Wealth gained dishonestly dwindles away, but whoever works diligently increases his prosperity.'
- You gain nothing when you gain something by the wrong means!
- When we take what we are not entitled to, it is not blessed by God.
- Such gains are guaranteed to disappear quickly.
- As we work faithfully with what God has given us, it will grow.
PRAYER: Lord, help me in all my decisions and choices to always do the right thing. Keep me from doing things that do not please You and cause what You have given me to be blessed. Amen.