Daily Bible Verse: Romans 5:8
'God showed His great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.'
- The truth is that God loves you.
- As a sign of His love, He sent His Son.
- The result is that our lives are changed.
- Now we can know for sure that we have been forgiven.
PRAYER: Lord, thank you for sending Your Son to die for us and in the process making forgiveness available to us. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Philippians 3:20
'But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there!'
- Remember where your citizenship lies.
- You belong to God and He will save you.
- You are an ambassador for His kingdom.
- So let your light shine for all to see.
PRAYER: Lord, what a joy it is to know that I belong to You and that my citizenship is with You. This world is not my home, but I have a heavenly home. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Colossians 3:2
'Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.'
- What we focus on is very important.
- They say we become what we focus on.
- So don’t be consumed with the issues you are facing.
- Remember God and remind yourself that nothing is too hard for Him.
PRAYER: Lord, forgive me for allowing things I am facing to overwhelm me. I place my hope, confidence and trust in You right now. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 27:5
'In the day of trouble He will keep me safe in His dwelling; He will hide me in the shelter of His sacred tent and set me high upon a rock.'
- We all face troubles of some sort or another.
- But in it all we can enjoy the companionship of God Himself.
- We can live within His shadow. (This speaks of protection)
- God will extend his "shadow" over the man who places himself under His protection.
PRAYER: Lord, may Your presence abide and stay with me. Hide me, protect me and keep me safe until the storm passes by. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 90:1
'Lord, You have been our dwelling place throughout all generations.'
- Make Him your dwelling place.
- Find what you are looking for in Him.
- Don’t remove yourself from Him.
- Remain, dwell, stay, wait, and hold your position, in Him.
- Let your heart be the dwelling place of God.
PRAYER: Lord, I want to enjoy Your companionship in my life. You are the Almighty God and I look to You for my every need. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 91:1
'He that dwells in the secret place (shelter) of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.'
- We have the opportunity to ‘dwell’ in Him.
- The word dwell is a verb – it is something we need to do.
- The word dwell means to ‘sit’ or ‘remain’.
- He, the Lord, is your secret place.
PRAYER: Lord, You are my secret place. It is my express purpose and desire to live within that place and to know Your presence in my daily life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 116:8
'You, LORD, have delivered me from death, my eyes from tears and my feet from stumbling!'
- He knows what you are going through.
- He will deliver you from death.
- He will deliver your eyes from tears.
- And He will deliver your feet from stumbling.
PRAYER: Lord, You are my great deliverer. I pray that You will deliver me from the weight of the things that I am carrying and may I walk in Your freedom. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 23:20
'I am sending an angel before you to protect you on your journey and lead you safely to the place I have prepared for you.'
- God has promised that He will never abandon you.
- In the journey of life, He undertakes to be with you every step of the way.
- He has prepared a future for each of His children.
- So let Him lead you safely in your destiny.
PRAYER: Lord, I want nothing less than all You have prepared for me. Lead me on this journey of life so that I can step into the things You have prepared for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 3:2
'The angel of the LORD appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush. Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up.'
- God can speak to you in many different ways.
- He spoke to Moses through a burning bush.
- He spoke to Joseph through dreams.
- Expect Him to speak to you.
PRAYER: Lord, just as You spoke to others through the course of history, I ask that You would speak to me and lead and guide me in the way I should go. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Acts 3:19
'Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord'
- Turning to God is a great privilege we all can take advantage of.
- He has ‘times of refreshing’ in store for you.
- Why settle for barrenness when you can enjoy times of refreshing.
- So don’t let anything get in the way of God’s blessing for you.
PRAYER: Lord, forgive me for those things that I have done that have displeased you. I want to enjoy the ‘times of refreshing’ that You have prepared for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 51:1
'Have mercy on me, O God, because of Your unfailing love. Because of Your great compassion, blot out the stain of my sins.'
- Every day His mercy is new and you and I can begin again.
- Each day we can come to Him for forgiveness and help.
- His love is unfailing and that means He will not fail you.
- Receive His mercy and His grace today.
PRAYER: Lord, have mercy on me, because of Your unfailing love. Blot out the stain of my sins because of Your great compassion. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Proverbs 2:7-8
'He holds victory in store for the upright, He is a shield to those whose walk is blameless, for He guards the course of the just and protects the way of His faithful ones'
- The Lord has victory in store for you.
- He wants you to be an overcomer and to be more than a conqueror.
- He will lead you and guide you.
- As His faithful child you can rest assured you have a faithful Father.
PRAYER: Lord, I commit this new week and the new month that lies ahead into your hands. Lead me and guide me and protect me I pray. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Proverbs 13:9
'The light of the righteous shines brightly.'
- You can be a source of light and hope to those around you.
- Your little light can shine brightly.
- No amount of darkness can snuff out the light of a single candle.
- So shine on and bring light into the world around you.
PRAYER: Lord, may my light so shine that others will know that You are my LORD and may I be a source of hope and strength to others. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Proverbs 15:15
'Every day is a terrible day for a miserable person, but a cheerful heart has a continual feast.'
- Every day we have the opportunity to see things in one of two ways.
- We can see things from a negative perspective or a positive perspective.
- We can be miserable or we can be cheerful.
- Each day the choice is ours.
PRAYER: Lord, I choose to live my life with a positive outlook and a cheerful heart. May my life be a ‘continual feast’ as I choose to be positive in all I say and do. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Genesis 49:18
'I look for Your deliverance, LORD.'
- To whom or to what are you looking for your answer?
- Often we can turn to the wrong things for the help we need.
- No matter what you may be facing, keep your eyes on HIM.
- Look to the LORD for your deliverance and salvation.
PRAYER: Lord, I declare that You are the One that I look to for my help. Truly, my help comes from the LORD. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 40:1
'I waited patiently for the LORD. He turned to me and heard my cry for help.'
- The fact that we can call on God is a wonderful privilege.
- Right now, you can take a moment and do just that.
- Continue to patiently expect Him to come through for you.
- He is your faithful Father.
PRAYER: Lord, help me to be patient as I continue to call on You and trust in You for an outcome to my situation. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Chronicles 20:22
'As they began to sing and praise, the LORD set ambushes against them (the enemy)…..and they were defeated.'
- Praise is a powerful key to overcoming and conquering.
- When we praise we focus on God and His greatness.
- Then God can move and work on our behalf.
- Get ready for a turnaround for your victory is in your praise.
PRAYER: Lord, help me in this new day to praise You no matter what issues are confronting me. I trust in You and the fact that You can turn any situation around and in the meantime I will praise You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Romans 10:10
'It is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.'
- Watch what comes out of your mouth.
- Don’t allow negativity and doubt to come out of your mouth.
- Speak life, speak hope, speak purpose and speak His Word.
- What we say and our confession is vital.
PRAYER: Lord, help me not to allow doubt and negativity to come out of my mouth, but rather I pray that You will help me to always speak life and hope. May the words of my mouth be pleasing to You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Philippians 2:10
'At the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth!'
- His name is another powerful weapon in our arsenal.
- When you don’t know what to say, just say His name.
- Call out to the Way, the Truth and the Life.
- Speak out His name.
PRAYER: Lord, I recognize that Your name is powerful. I speak Your name over my situation and circumstances and I call on Your name for all the help I need. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 119:50
'This is my comfort in my affliction, that Your word has revived me.'
- As believers we have the Word of God and it is a powerful tool.
- It is a peculiar source of strength.
- God’s word is living and powerful.
- His word can overcome the greatest hurdle.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You that no matter what affliction I may be facing at this point in time, it is Your Word that can bring me comfort and direction. Amen.