Daily Bible Verse: Hebrews 10:22a
'Let us go right into the presence of God with sincere hearts fully trusting Him.'
- Things fall into place when His presence becomes a reality in our lives.
- We can choose to move from the storms of life, into His presence.
- We can, with sincere hearts, fully rely on and trust in Him.
- GO right into His presence now, He waits for you!
PRAYER: Lord, I choose to focus on You and to press into Your very presence with courage and boldness. Thank You that I can fully trust You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 105:4
'Look to the LORD and His strength; seek His face always.'
- No matter where you find yourself, seek after His presence.
- Let the wonder of His presence flood your soul.
- Knowing He is with us is like having rain in a dry and barren place.
- May you know His strength and experience His presence daily.
PRAYER: Lord, I look You and I look to You alone for all that I need and long for. Fill me with You strength and surround me with Your presence. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Chronicles 20:17
'You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the LORD will give you…'
- Some battles are battles that we were never meant to fight.
- Some battles belong to the Lord and are better left with Him.
- Our responsibility is to stand in faith and watch what He will do.
- When HE fights the battle, the outcome is guaranteed.
PRAYER: Lord, forgive me for trying to fight battles that actually only You can handle. I declare that I trust You, I will take up my position, I will stand and I will watch and see what You will do. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 8:20
'The LORD said to Moses, ‘Get up early in the morning and position yourself before
- We are living in a new season in the world today.
- We need to begin to position ourselves for what God has in store.
- We should move from throwing up our hands to getting our hands dirty.
- You are part of the Lord’s plan and His plan is not ‘business as usual’!
PRAYER: Lord, thank You that I can play a part in the plan that You have for the future. I choose to position myself so that I will be at the right place, at the right time, to be what You want me to be and to do what You want me to do. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Genesis 3:9
'But the LORD God called to the man, ‘Where are you?’'
- The Lord longs for relationship with us, His children.
- HE desires that nothing would come between us.
- Even in our weakness, He continues to reach out to us.
- He asks: ‘Where are you?’ and your response should be ‘Here I am Lord!’
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for the opportunity of relationship with You. Here I am Lord, I desire to know You better and to be known by You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Genesis 7:16
'A male and female of each kind entered, just as God had commanded Noah. Then the LORD closed the door behind them.'
- Life is full or opportunities and choices.
- Life presents us with a ‘window of opportunity’ to do the right thing.
- But there comes a time when God closes the door behind us.
- It is then that we see the benefit of the choices we have made.
PRAYER: Lord, help me, as I take each day that You have given me, to do the right thing and follow Your leading. May I use my ‘window of opportunity’ to do what honours and pleases You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Hebrews 11:21
'By faith Jacob, when he was dying, blessed each of Joseph's sons, and worshiped as he leaned on the top of his staff.'
- Our lives are meant to be lived with purpose and destiny in each step.
- We are placed on earth to be a blessing to others.
- Our walk of faith should be the central theme of our daily existence.
- Even at the end of life, we should still be worshiping the Lord faithfully.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for the life that You have given me. May my life be a life of purpose and blessing as I worship you all the days of my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Deuteronomy 20:1
'When you go out to battle against your enemies and see horses and chariots and people more numerous than you, do not be afraid of them; for the LORD your God, who brought you up from the land of Egypt, is with you.'
- In the course of life we do face battles.
- In the heat of the battle, the enemy may look overwhelming.
- But greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world.
- You can rest, knowing that God has your back and that He is your security.
PRAYER: Lord, regardless of the issues and challenges that I face, I will trust in You and I will not fear because You are with me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Deuteronomy 31:8
'The LORD is the one who goes ahead of you; He will be with you. He will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.'
- Sometimes the future can bring fear and doubt into our lives.
- But the Lord promises to go ahead of us.
- He knows the future, because He is already there.
- Our responsibility is to rest in Him and place our confidence in Him.
PRAYER: Lord, I rejoice to know that You are the One who goes ahead of me. You chart the path that lies ahead for me and I can walk with confidence. Amen
Daily Bible Verse: Joshua 1:5b
'I will never leave you nor forsake you'
- This is a promise and an undertaking from the Lord.
- It stands true in good times and also in difficult times.
- This fact should be the bedrock and foundation of our lives.
- Never doubt His word, but embrace His great love for you.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for this very reassuring fact. You are with me and I have nothing to fear. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 126:2
'Then our mouth was filled with laughter and our tongue with joyful shouting; then they said among the nations, ‘The LORD has done great things for them.’'
- What a joy it is to be able to testify about God’s goodness in our lives.
- May He fill your mouth with laughter!
- May your tongue shout out with a joyful shout!
- May this be a reality to you because of the great things He has done for you.
PRAYER: Lord, fill my mouth with laughter and let my tongue shout out in praise as I celebrate Your faithfulness and as I expect Your kindness in the future. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Samuel 12:24
'But be sure to fear the LORD and faithfully serve Him. Think of all the wonderful things He has done for you.'
- Sometimes we should stop and remember how God has undertaken for us.
- Think about the wonderful things He has done for you.
- When we remember His faithfulness, we can look forward with confidence.
- Then we can serve Him faithfully and love Him completely.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for the wonderful things that You have done for me. It is my desire to love and serve You all the days of my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Samuel 30:8
'Then David asked the LORD, ‘Should I chase after this band of raiders? Will I catch them?’ And the LORD told him, ‘Yes, go after them. You will surely recover everything that was taken from you!'
- There is nothing quite like a word from the Lord to encourage us.
- Here David receives a word from the Lord and a promise of success.
- The Lord wants to speak to you and give you the direction that you need.
- He wants to give you the assurance that He is with you and He will restore things.
PRAYER: Lord, speak to me, I pray, so that I will know which way to go and so that I can operate in Your strength and might. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Samuel 30:6
'But David found strength in the LORD his God.'
- Where do you find the strength that you need on a daily basis?
- David was at the lowest place in his life when this was written.
- But in his weakest moment he knew where to go for the strength he needed.
- He turned to the Lord and found strength in Him.
PRAYER: Lord, I turn to You today for the strength that I need. Thank You that You are my God and so I can look to You in confidence, knowing that You will come and strengthen me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Job 42:10
'The LORD turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends: also the LORD gave Job twice as much as he had before.'
- The Lord can turn around any situation of captivity you face.
- He is in the business of restoration.
- Job had been in a process of liquidation, but now the Lord was raising him up.
- No matter what you’ve been through, know that the Lord will raise you up also.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for the way in which You come into people’s lives and raise them up again to newness of life. Do the same for me I pray. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Thessalonians 5:18
'Give thanks in every circumstance, for this is God's will for you in Christ.'
- As children of God we can really trust in His hand in our lives.
- We can be thankful because the Lord is always working things out for our good.
- His plans and purposes for your life will be realised.
- At every turn in the road, we should remember to be thankful.
PRAYER: Lord, I choose to give thanks for all that You have done for me and for all that You will still do, because You are my faithful Father. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Daniel 6:10
'Now when Daniel learned that the decree had been published, he went home to his upstairs room. Three times a day he got down on his knees and prayed, giving thanks to his God, just as he had done before.'
- Daniel lived in a time of political uncertainty.
- Things were going from bad to worse in his country.
- But he kept on doing the right thing despite the surrounding circumstances.
- He continually turned to the Lord, and God turned his situation around for him.
PRAYER: Lord, on this significant day, I pause and turn to You in prayer. I have the liberty to do this because You are the One who can intervene on my behalf. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Hebrews 11:8
'It was by faith that Abraham obeyed when God called him to leave home and go to another land that God would give him as his inheritance. He went without knowing where he was going.'
- We would all like to see the big picture and know things with clarity.
- But sometimes we have to just take the next step and leave the rest to God.
- Faith calls for confidence in the Lord even if the destination is not clearly defined.
- May our lives be an example of faith in the One who sees the big picture!
PRAYER: Lord, I choose to live a life of faith. Give me the courage to take the next step and help me to rest in the fact that You know the end from the beginning. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Genesis 39:2
'The LORD was with Joseph…'
- In all the Joseph faced, the Lord never abandoned him.
- In fact, we are told that in all his troubles, the Lord was with him.
- The Lord will do the same for you in the challenges and issues you are facing.
- Today, the Lord is with you.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You that You are with me. I choose to rest in Your strength and comfort. May the truth of this fact become a living reality in my life! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 6:8
'Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, ‘Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?’ And I said, ‘Here am I. Send me!'
- Within each of us there should be a willingness to be used by God.
- The Lord will use those who are faithful, available and teachable.
- These 3 characteristics will open the door to being used by the Lord.
- The greatest joy in life is to know that we are being used for His purposes.
PRAYER: Lord, here I am, take me. I choose to give every moment that You give me as a moment You can use for Your glory and honour. Amen.