Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 5:12
'Surely, LORD, You bless the righteous; You surround them with Your favour as with a shield.'
- The joy, for us as His children, is to know that His blessing is on us.
- Surely, the Lord will bless you!
- In fact, He wants to surround you with His favour.
- He wants to protect you and keep you safe on every side.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for Your blessings and favour on my life. I can step forward with confidence, knowing that You are with me and You surround me with a shield. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Deuteronomy 30:19
'I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live!'
- Life is a series of choices.
- Certain choices take us upward and others will bring us down.
- Don’t settle for anything less than God’s best for you and your family.
- Make a conscience choice and choose life over death, blessings over curses.
PRAYER: Lord, in this solemn moment I make my choice. I choose to follow You and as a result I choose the life You offer me. I declare that this is a settled matter and I look forward to the outflow that You promise me in Your Word. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Proverbs 12:28
'In the way of righteousness there is life.'
- When we follow the Lord and His ways, it leads to life.
- When we choose to put Him first, we choose a pathway to life.
- We should not become distracted because others do things differently.
- Let us stay on the pathway, follow His ways, and see the life He promised.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You that as I follow You, I am setting myself up for the life and blessings that You have promised and prepared for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Samuel 12:22
'For the sake of His great name the LORD will not reject His people, because the LORD was pleased to make you His own.'
- God’s faithfulness towards you and me is guaranteed.
- It is part of His very nature to be faithful to you.
- You are His child and He loves and values you.
- Rejoice and be glad because you are loved by your Heavenly Father.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for Your great love for me. You will never abandon me, You will never leave me and You will never stop loving me. Amen.
Daaglikse Bybel Vers: Filippense 4:6
'Wees oor niks besorg nie, maar laat julle begeertes in alles deur gebed en smeking met danksegging bekend word by God.'
- Staan vas in die Here.
- Moenie toelaat dat jou twyfel en jou vrees jou laat wankel nie.
- Ons word in elke situasie aangemoedig om die Here aan te roep.
- Hy is jou toevlug en Hy is jou bron van hulp en krag.
GEBED: Vader, vergewe my angstige gedagtes. Ek kies om U in elke situsasie aan te roep. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Philippians 4:6
'Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.'
- Stand firm in the Lord.
- Don’t be thrown around by your doubts and fears.
- In every situation we are encouraged to call on the Lord.
- He is your recourse and He is your source of help and strength.
PRAYER: Lord, forgive my anxious thoughts. I choose to turn to You in every situation. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Matthew 6:27
'Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his lifespan?'
- Worry has the power to rob us of the joy God planned for us.
- Our Lord Himself tells us that we should not spend time worrying.
- In fact, He tells us to give Him our cares and concerns.
- He wants to lift the load off of our shoulders and for us to see what He will do.
PRAYER: Lord, I give You those things that I am concerned about today. I choose to trust in You and rest in Your faithfulness. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 40:30-31
'Even young people grow tired and become weary, and young men will stumble and fall. Yet, the strength of those who wait with hope in the LORD will be renewed.'
- Nobody can carry the weight of life on their own.
- We all need a little outside help.
- Our help comes from the Lord.
- He is the One who wants to come and strengthen and revive you.
PRAYER: Lord, I declare that I need Your strength in my life. I ask that You will come and renew my strength and hope as I wait on You right now. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 23:1
'The LORD is my shepherd; I have all that I need.'
- The Lord is your source.
- He is the giver of every good and perfect gift.
- We should recognise and understand who our source is.
- If we have Him in our lives, then we have everything we need.
PRAYER: Lord, I recognise and believe that You are my source. I look to You for all my needs, knowing that You can and will supply my needs. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Genesis 22:14
'So Abraham called that place The LORD Will Provide. And to this day it is said, ‘On the mountain of the LORD it will be provided.'
- What a reassuring fact it is to know that the Lord will provide.
- What needs do you have today?
- May you be able to say: ‘All that I needed, Your hand has provided!’
- The Lord is faithful and He will be faithful to you in your area of need.
PRAYER: Lord, today I recognise that You are my source. I declare that You will provide for me and I will trust and not be afraid. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Deuteronomy 8:18
'Remember the LORD your God. He is the one who gives you power to be successful!'
- Out of the Lord’s goodness, He wants to enable us to be successful.
- He gives us the power we need to be able to achieve this.
- We need to remind ourselves of this and remember the Lord.
- As we give Him first place in our lives, the future will be filled with hope.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for the strength You give me for today and the bright hope You give me for tomorrow. I receive Your power that enables me to be successful. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Deuteronomy 23:5b
'…the LORD your God turned the curse into a blessing for you because the LORD your God loves you.'
- The Lord can overrule and overturn anything that has been spoken over you.
- Perhaps people have said you will never amount to anything?
- No matter what has been said or done, the Lord can turn it from a curse to a blessing.
- He wants to do these things for you because He loves you.
PRAYER: Prayer: Lord, what a joy it is to know that YOU can turn any situation into something beautiful, simply because YOU love me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Proverbs 25:21-22
'If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat; if he is thirsty, give him water to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head, and the LORD will reward you.'
- How we respond in difficult situations can change circumstances.
- It is said that hurt people, hurt people.
- With God’s help we can respond with a different spirit.
- When we respond out of love, miracles can happen.
PRAYER: Lord, I extend forgiveness to those who have hurt and harmed me. I choose to be an instrument of peace and healing as Your love works in and through me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Matthew 6:6
'When you pray, go away by yourself, shut the door behind you, and pray to your Father in private. Then your Father, who sees everything, will reward you.'
- Prayer is such an important aspect of our spiritual lives.
- Prayer is simply talking to the Lord.
- Your Heavenly Father sees and knows everything.
- Let us take some time to spend with Him and He will reward you.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for this moment in which I can pause and bring my requests and petitions to You. Thank You that You see everything and You will reward me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Deuteronomy 1:31
'…the LORD your God cared for you all along the way as you travelled through the wilderness, just as a father cares for his child.'
- Your Heavenly Father cares for you.
- Each day and each step of the way, He is there.
- He is a good Father and a great Shepherd.
- He will care for you because you are His child.
PRAYER: Lord, what a joy it is to know Your enduring care for me. I choose to rest secure in your love and in your care for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 33:14
'And He said, ‘My presence shall go with you, and I will give you rest.’'
- The Lord wants to personally accompany us on the road of life.
- We don’t need to battle on, on our own.
- I (the Lord) will personally go with you and I will give you rest.
- The reassurance is that with Him everything will be fine for you.
PRAYER: Lord, I receive this reassurance in my heart today. I will be confident knowing that You are with me today and every day. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 23:20
'Behold, I am going to send an angel before you to guard you along the way and to bring you into the place which I have prepared.'
- The Lord has a plan and a purpose for your life.
- You are by no means an accident.
- He has pre-prepared things for you to do and places for you to go.
- All along the way of life, He is there to guard and to guide you.
PRAYER: Lord, I look forward to the future and what lies ahead, knowing that You will be with me every step of the way. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 63:9b
'In His love and mercy He redeemed them. He lifted them up and carried them through all the years.'
- The love and the mercy of our loving Father reaches out to us.
- In His love and His mercy He wants to reclaim and protect you.
- He is the One who will lift you up.
- He is the One who will carry and sustain you through all the years.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for Your love and mercy towards me. You truly are my faithful Father and I know that You will carry me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 63:9a
'In all their distress He too was distressed, and the angel of His presence saved them.'
- The Lord knows and understands all that we pass through.
- He is troubled when we are troubled.
- He personally wants to intervene and rescue you.
- His very presence will carry and comfort you.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for carrying me in the issues of life that I face. May I know that Your presence is with me to comfort and to guide. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Chronicles 22:19
'Now devote your heart and soul to seeking the LORD your God.'
- Searching and seeking after the Lord should be our soul’s desire.
- If you are searching for answers, you will find them in God alone.
- Don’t allow your heart to be distracted or preoccupied with other things.
- Give Him the place of priority and seek the Lord your God.
PRAYER: Lord, today I choose to devote my heart and life in the pursuit of You. It is my desire to seek You, know You and be loved by You. Amen.