Daily Bible Verse: Colossians 1:17
'He Himself existed before anything else did, and He holds all things together.'
- The Lord is the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end.
- He is God and we can rest in the fact that He holds all things together.
- Your situation may seem out of control, but He holds it together.
- Give Him your concerns, because He will hold things and work things out.
PRAYER: Lord, I place all my cares and concerns into Your capable hands. I ask You to hold things together and work things out for my good. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Hebrews 1:3
'The Son radiates God's own glory and expresses the very character of God, and He sustains everything by the mighty power of His command.'
- The Lord is the One who comes to sustain and carry you.
- He sustains everything and that includes you in the midst of your situation.
- Receive His sustaining and carrying power into your life and heart today.
- May you walk like someone who has been empowered at the Lord’s instruction!
PRAYER: Lord, I recognise that You are the One who can come and empower and enable me. I will not walk in my own strength, but I will walk in the strength You give me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Samuel 3:10
'And the LORD came and called as before, "Samuel! Samuel!" And Samuel replied, "Speak, Your servant is listening."'
- The Lord is always calling out to each one of us.
- He wants to use your life to be an instrument in His hands.
- We just need to respond to His callings and be ready to listen and obey.
- Don’t delay in responding to the Lord, He wants to take you to the next level.
PRAYER: Lord, I hear Your voice calling me to something more and something new. I choose to respond and I say: ‘Speak Lord, Your servant is listening’. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 27:14
'Don't be impatient. Wait for the Lord, and He will come and save you!'
- To save means to snatch us back from harm and danger.
- To save also means to preserve and guard our lives.
- These are things that the Lord wants to do for you.
- Don’t get impatient, persevere and don’t give up on the Lord.
PRAYER: Lord, forgive me for the fact that sometimes I do get impatient. I know that Your timing is always perfect and so I choose to simply trust Your word, knowing that You will save me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 35:4
'Encourage those who are afraid. Tell them, ‘Be strong, fear not, for your God is coming to destroy your enemies. He is coming to save you.’'
- Are you fearful about something in your life today?
- The message to those with fear is: ‘Be strong and do not fear!’
- You can bank on God’s intervention and His saving power.
- He has ‘got your back’ and He will step into your situation.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for the wonderful way in which You promise to step into my life and deliver and save me. I will not be fearful or afraid and I choose to be strong. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Peter 2:9
'So you see, the Lord knows how to rescue godly people from their trials.'
- Never doubt whether the Lord knows how to rescue you!
- He knows what you need and what the best outcome is for you.
- He can get you out of any hole you have managed to get yourself into.
- Rescue and restoration is part of His wonderful plan for your life.
PRAYER: Lord, may I always remember that You know how to rescue, deliver and restore me. You know the trials I am facing and You will deliver and rescue me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 50:15
'I want you to trust Me in your times of trouble, so I can rescue you and you can give Me glory.'
- Every challenge in life is an opportunity for the Lord to do something wonderful.
- He is the God of the impossible.
- We need to trust Him especially when we are facing times of trouble.
- He wants to come alongside you and rescue you so that you can give Him glory.
PRAYER: Lord, I choose to trust in You with all my heart. Rescue me, I pray, and I will remember to give You thanks and bring You glory. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 55:22
'Give your burdens to the Lord. He will carry them.'
- Burdens are things we are carrying on the journey of life.
- It can be some sort of load, duty or responsibility that we carry.
- It is usually something oppressive or something that causes us to worry.
- The Lord offers to carry them for us, if we will just give them to Him.
PRAYER: Lord, right now I take this moment to give You those things that are a concern, worry and burden for me. Thank You for being willing to take care of these things for me. I give them to You now. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 81:6
'Now I will relieve your shoulder of its burden; I will free your hands from their heavy tasks.'
- The Lord wants to come and lift your load and remove your burden.
- We all end up carrying burdens and loads that we are not designed to carry.
- Burdens can be debilitating and restrict our progress.
- May He lift the load and free your hands today.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You that You don’t want to see me carrying the loads and burdens of life. May I know the freedom You have in store for me and may I walk like someone who is not weighed down by issues and concerns! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Haggai 2:19
'From this day on I will bless you.'
- To bless means to transfer prosperity or happiness onto someone.
- This is exactly what the Lord wants to do for you.
- He wants to bless every aspect of your life.
- This verse can also be a promise that you can claim for your life.
PRAYER: Lord, oh that You would bless me indeed. May today be a turning point in my life and may I know and enjoy Your blessings and favour from today on like never before. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Haggai 1:13
'‘I am with you,’ declares the LORD.'
- Right now, regardless of what is happening, HE is with you!
- When He is with you, you have everything you need.
- He is the beginning and the end and everything in between.
- The Lord declares and promises that He is with you.
PRAYER: Lord, what a joy it is to know that You are with me. Oh, how my soul sings with the reassurance that You are with me and You walk close beside me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 94:17
'I would have died unless the Lord had helped me.'
- The Lord wants to help you – don’t be discouraged.
- The Lord wants to aid, assist and come through for you.
- He wants to give you the assistance and support you need.
- Sometimes, in life, we just need a little help – He will help you!
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for Your help in my daily life. I realise that I cannot do it alone, but with Your help I can overcome. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Ephesians 2:4-5
'Because of His great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ.'
- The Lord wants to do so much for you.
- The Lord loves each one of us and there are no exceptions.
- The outflow of His love for us brings His life into our lives.
- Today, no matter what, remember He loves you dearly.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for Your great love towards me. Thank You also for Your great mercy towards me. I pray that You will breathe new life into me today. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 38:9
'All my longings lie open before you, Lord; my sighing is not hidden from you.'
- The Lord knows all your desires and your deepest longings.
- Your sighing and discouragement is not hidden from Him!
- Give Him the desires and the longings of your heart.
- He is the One who can perform miracles and do the impossible.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You that nothing in my life is hidden or concealed from You! I place my heart’s cry in Your hands today and I choose to simply rest and trust in You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Deuteronomy 4:39
'Know therefore today, and take it to your heart, that the LORD, He is God in heaven above and on the earth below; there is no other.'
- Some things need to be settled in our hearts and minds.
- The fact that the Lord is God is something we need to accept for ourselves.
- There is no room for doubt and the fear that doubt brings with it.
- There is no one else that you and I can turn to – but our God!
PRAYER: Lord, I turn to You today and I take this fact to heart, that You are my Lord and my God and I can only turn to you! Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 26:4
'For in GOD the LORD, we have an everlasting Rock.'
- When our lives are built on the everlasting Rock, we can stand secure.
- What a joy to know that the Lord is our everlasting Rock.
- There is no One like our Lord; all other ground is sinking sand.
- Tell your soul again that you have a Rock on which you can stand.
PRAYER: Lord, I rejoice to know that You are my Rock. I choose to stand on the Rock, secure in the knowledge that You will not be moved and I will not be shaken. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Daniel 3:17
'Our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the furnace of blazing fire; and He will deliver us out of your hand, O king.'
- The truth is that your God is able to deliver you.
- The ‘furnace of fire’ you are facing is not too great for Him to handle.
- He can take you through the experience and bring you out unscathed.
- In fact, He promises to be your Deliverer and Saviour.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for the fact that You are able to deliver me. I give You my situation today and I ask You to intervene and do a miracle on my behalf. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 62:8
'Trust in Him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to Him, for God is our refuge.'
- We should trust and hope in the Lord every day and every hour.
- In every situation and in all circumstances put your trust in God.
- He is ready to hear your heart’s cry.
- He is your refuge at all times and especially during the storms of life.
PRAYER: Lord, I choose to trust in You at ALL times. You are the trustworthy and faithful One and You are my refuge and my place of safety. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Colossians 3:2
'Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.'
- Sometimes we can allow negativity to enter our minds and overwhelm us.
- We can choose what we allow our minds to dwell on.
- Instead of negativity and fear, let heaven fill your thoughts.
- Don’t spend time worrying about things, let’s rather believe God for His best.
PRAYER: Lord, when I look around me, I sometimes become anxious and concerned about issues and situations. I realise that You bigger than any situation and so I look to You and I fill my mind with all the good You have promised me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 18:29
'In Your strength I can crush an army; with my God I can scale any wall.’
- When we are operating in God’s strength, we can achieve the impossible.
- His strength gives us the power we need to walk in victory.
- With His strength you can ‘crush an army’ and ‘scale any wall’.
- Receive His strength today so that He can enable you to overcome.
PRAYER: Lord, I choose to receive strength from You today. I don’t want to operate in my own strength, but I want to be carried and empowered by Your strength. Amen.