Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 94:19
'When my anxious thoughts multiply within me, Your consolations delight my soul.'
- The Lord will not forget His people and that includes you.
- Sometimes our anxious thoughts can multiply within us.
- But when this happens we can take God’s Word and find consolation.
- Find your comfort and consolation in Him and let His words soothe your soul.
PRAYER: Lord, You know my every thought. You know even when I have anxious thoughts that want to run amok and overpower me. But I will find my comfort in You and in Your words to me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 3:3
'You, LORD, are a shield around me, my glory, the One who lifts my head high.'
- At times the pressures of life can bring us to a low place.
- But the Lord graciously comes alongside and lifts up our heads.
- The Lord does not want us to walk around with our heads hanging.
- He wants us to face each day with our heads held high because He is our hope.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You that You are the lifter of my head. May Your glory come and shine on me and through me because of my hope in You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 28:7
'The LORD is MY strength and MY shield; MY heart trusts in Him, and He helps ME.'
- The Lord wants to strengthen you and surround with His protection.
- He is ready to help those who are trusting in Him.
- He is more than just a source of strength; He is also your Helper.
- When you ask Him for help, you can know that you are helped.
PRAYER: Lord, will You come today and fill me with Your strength. Will You come today and surround me with a shield of protection. I declare that my heart trusts in You and You help me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 108:1
'My heart is confident in You, O God; no wonder I can sing Your praises with all my heart!'
- Let your heart have confidence in the Lord you God.
- It is out of this confidence that we can trust Him each day.
- When we trust Him we can focus on His goodness and faithfulness.
- Let faith and praise arise from within your heart and soul.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for the confidence that I can have in You. May my life bring You praise and honour because of the confidence I have in You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 12:2
'Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The LORD, the LORD Himself, is my strength and my defense; He has become my salvation.'
- There are times in our lives when there is only one Person to look to – the Lord.
- We are called upon to trust and not be afraid.
- He needs to become our defense and our strength.
- He can become the healing, breakthrough and saving power we need.
PRAYER: Lord, right now I look to You for the strength, power and the hope I need. I will trust in You and not be afraid. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 63:8
'I cling to You; Your strong right hand holds me securely.'
- Our lives should be lived in desperate dependence on the Lord.
- We should follow hard after Him and cling to Him with all we have.
- He, in turn, will hold us securely in His hands.
- Therein lies the ultimate security we can ever know in the course of life.
PRAYER: Lord, You are my God. I cling to You and it is my joy and delight to follow You with determination. Hold me securely in Your mighty hands. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 44:3
'I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour My spirit upon your descendants, and My blessing upon your offspring.'
- There is nothing like a drought to remind us how much we need water.
- We can also face spiritual droughts and then we discover how much we need God.
- He promises to come and quench our thirst and our longings for Him.
- He wants to pour out His living water and blessings on you and on your children.
PRAYER: Lord, today, I extend my hands to receive the water of life that You want to pour on me. May I know what it means to be drenched by Your Spirit and by the blessings you have for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 51:10
'Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.'
- The Lord is continuously at work in each of lives.
- The key words here are the words ‘create’ and ‘renew’.
- God can bring about something in us that did not exist before.
- He can take what looks worn out and make it new all over again.
PRAYER: Lord, today, I give You the right of way to work in my heart and in my life. Create in me a clean heart and renew a right spirit within me, I pray. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Proverbs 29:18
'Where there is no vision, the people perish…'
- We all need a sense of purpose and destiny in our lives.
- When we don’t know where we are going we end up doing the wrong things.
- The Lord wants to come and instil new vision and dreams in your heart.
- Open up your heart and life to the new things He has prepared for you.
PRAYER: Lord, I want to live with a sense of purpose and a clear vision in my heart. Lead me, guide me and cause my spirit to come alive within me, because of the vision and hope You have place in me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Luke 11:28
'HE replied, ‘But even more blessed are all who hear the word of God and put it into practice.’'
- We are called to do more than just hear the word of the Lord.
- You and I are called to hear what God says, and then to apply it to our lives.
- When we move from hearing to doing we set ourselves up for His blessing.
- What was the last thing you felt the Lord told you to do? Did you do it?
PRAYER: Lord, I want to be someone who does more than just hear Your words. I want to live by Your words and apply them to my everyday life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Lamentations 3:25
'The LORD is good to those who wait for Him, to anyone who seeks help from Him.'
- The Lord is a good Father who longs to show you His kindness and goodness.
- Our dependence on Him opens the door to seeing this in our own lives.
- His arms are always outstretched, waiting and ready to receive us.
- He has been our help in ages past and He is our hope for years to come.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for the promise of Your goodness in my life. You are my shelter and my dwelling place. I look to You for the help that I need today and each day of the future. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Samuel 24:14
'Then David said, ‘I am in great distress. Let us now fall into the hand of the LORD for His mercies are great.’'
- In life we can make mistakes and take wrong turns.
- When this happens we can find our hearts and minds in great distress.
- At these times the best thing we can do is throw ourselves into the hands of God.
- When we place ourselves in His hands, it is a place of great mercy and grace.
PRAYER: Lord, I place my life, my heart and my future into Your hands. I now choose to ‘fall into the hand’ of my loving Heavenly Father with the knowledge that You will cover me with Your mercy and love. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 103:4
'Who (the Lord) redeems your life from the pit, who (the Lord) crowns you with lovingkindness and compassion.'
- The enemy always tries to destroy us and leave us in the pit.
- But the Lord will not allow this to happen.
- He promises to step into our situation and lift us up and out of the pit.
- Then He goes even further and crowns our lives with love and compassion.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for the way in which You step into my life to lift me up and redeem my life from destruction. I receive Your great love and compassion in my life today. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 130:7
'Hope in the LORD; for with the LORD there is lovingkindness, and with Him is abundant redemption.'
- May your hope in the Lord grow, develop and become a living reality.
- Hope in the Lord today and don’t place your hope in futile things.
- His love is always reaching out to us, to take hold of our hearts and lives.
- He is ready to save, forgive, restore and redeem your life.
PRAYER: Lord, I place my hope in You. Surround me with Your love, kindness and forgive me for those things that I have done that have displeased You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Lamentations 3:21-22
'Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this: The faithful love of the LORD never ends! His mercies never cease.'
- You can still dare to hope!
- We need to remind ourselves that we have the Lord and as such we have hope.
- The steadfast and sure love of the Lord never ceases or stops.
- You can have hope for tomorrow and you can know strength for today.
PRAYER: Lord, Thank You for Your unfailing love and mercy towards me as Your child. I will dare to hope, believe and remember that You are my sure foundation, no matter how severe the storms may be. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Chronicles 22:19
'Arise and build…'
- The Lord has a job for you to do – something worth doing.
- Often we can waste time waiting for something to fall into our laps.
- Sometimes the thing we need to do is standing right in front of us.
- Let us not be complacent, but let us be ready and willing to ‘arise and build’.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for the job that You have got for me to do. I desire that my life would have meaning and purpose because I am arising and doing what You have called me to do. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 61:4
'I long to dwell in Your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of Your wings.'
- What is the longing of your heart today?
- Do you long for the presence of the Lord and the shelter of His wings?
- There is a place under His wings reserved exclusively for you.
- Take refuge in the Lord your God, and let Him be your hiding place.
PRAYER: Lord, as I start this new week, I choose to move closer to You. I do this because I realise that You are the refuge and protection I need. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 14:2
'The LORD looks down from heaven on the entire human race; He looks to see if anyone is truly wise, if anyone seeks God.'
- The Bible tells us that God looks down from heaven.
- It can be compared to someone who bends forward to look down through a window.
- He looks for those who long for Him and desire and seek Him.
- It is foolishness to reject God and it is truly wise to seek and desire Him.
PRAYER: Lord, I declare that it is my heart’s desire to know you more, to love You more and to serve You more. The greatest thing in all my life is knowing You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Daniel 2:21
'He (the Lord) changes times and seasons...'
- The times and seasons of nature and of life are in His hands.
- He brings one season to a close and opens the opportunity for another.
- The key word here is ‘changes’.
- He can bring change and newness of life into your heart and life.
PRAYER: Lord, I embrace the new season that lies ahead of me. I will rest, know that You have all things under Your control and I will believe that You have prepared a new season for my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Chronicles 22:19
'Now set your mind and heart to seek the LORD your God. Arise…'
- Sometime in the course of life we can lose our way or get discouraged.
- It is at these critical moments that we need to stop and refocus.
- We need to ‘set our hearts and minds’ to seek the Lord.
- Then we can arise and step forward with confidence and boldness.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You that today can be a turning point for me. I choose to set my heart and mind on seeking You and knowing You. Amen.