Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 16:5
'LORD, You alone are my portion and my cup; You make my lot secure.'
- Don’t look to the wrong things for your security.
- Look to the Lord, He is all you need.
- Others may come and try to destroy you.
- BUT He is the one who makes your future secure.
PRAYER: Lord, I declare that my hope, my confidence and my future is founded in You and You alone. You are the One who secures my lot. Amen
Daily Bible Verse: Daniel 12:13
'As for you, go your way until the end. You will rest, and then at the end of the days, you will rise again to receive the inheritance set aside for you.'
- Our earthly lives are part of a greater, eternal, spiritual life.
- While we have life we should do what HE tells us to do.
- This earthly experience does not last forever.
- But in the end, you will receive the inheritance set aside for you!
PRAYER: Lord, thank You that my inheritance is sure in You. May I live my life in such a way that it is pleasing to You and then one day I will be able to rejoice in what You have prepared for me. Amen
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Peter 2:24
'He personally carried our sins in His body on the cross so that we can be dead to sin and live for what is right. By His wounds you are healed.'
- The Lord knows each of us and He has searched us and knows our ways.
- Even when we fail Him, He continues to love us.
- He chose to personally carry our sins in His body.
- He did this so that we could be free and so that we could be healed.
PRAYER: Lord, I bow my knee today at the foot of Your cross. Wash me in Your precious blood and may I realise that nothing can separate me from Your love. Amen
Daily Bible Verse: John 6:35
'He declared, ‘I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.'
- He is the ‘bread of life’ that you are longing for.
- He satisfies the deepest longings and desires of our hearts.
- He calls out to all those who are hungry and thirsty.
- And He says: ‘I am all you need!’
PRAYER: Lord, come and fill me up with all that You have prepared for me. From deep within, I cry out and ask that You would come a satisfy the hunger and thirst within me. Amen
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 103:22
'Praise the LORD, everything He has created, everything in all His kingdom. Let all that I am praise the LORD.'
- You and I can live a life of praise to the Lord.
- We should be able to say ‘Bless the LORD, O my soul!’
- When we praise Him, we set ourselves up for victory.
- So let praise flow out of your very core and let us praise Him together.
PRAYER: Lord, I praise Your holy name at the start of this new week. I am Your creation and from the depths of my soul I choose to praise and lift up Your name. Amen
Daily Bible Verse: 1 Corinthians 1:9
'God, who has called YOU into fellowship with HIS Son, our Lord, is faithful.'
- You and I were designed to live in fellowship with God.
- Why would we settle for less and do things on our own?
- Let us live in this vital union with our Lord.
- He is ever true to His promises and remains faithful.
PRAYER: Lord, I choose to live my life in fellowship and union with You. You are my Lord and You are my faithful God. Amen
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 145:13b
'The LORD is trustworthy in ALL He promises and faithful in ALL He does.'
- The Lord is trustworthy and faithful.
- All He does and promises comes out of His love towards us.
- We can rest secure and unshaken when we place our trust in Him.
- The Lord, the faithful and trustworthy one, loves you.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You that You always keep Your promises and thank You that You are gracious in all You do. Amen
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 145:13a
'Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and Your dominion endures through all generations.'
- He is our great, wonderful and everlasting God.
- He can move the mountains with the words that He speaks.
- He knows your heart and He has called you by name.
- He holds your life and your future in His precious hands.
PRAYER: Lord, I declare that You reign. You reign over my situation and You reign in my life. Amen
Daily Bible Verse: Haggai 2:9
'The glory of this present house will be greater than the glory of the former house,' says the LORD Almighty.'
- The Lord never wants us to live life looking backwards.
- He wants to use us and bring success from this point forward.
- Don’t long for the past with all its attractions.
- Believe that this is your moment and that the best is yet to come.
PRAYER: Lord, may this scripture be true in my own life. I choose to forget what lies behind and I press on to what lies ahead in You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 85:8
'I will listen to what God the LORD says; He promises peace to His people, His faithful servants - but let them not turn to folly.'
- The Lord’s intentions towards us are clear.
- He wants us to know and experience the peace that He alone can bring.
- It is so easy to fall back into worry and stress.
- Let us continually remind ourselves of His faithfulness.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for the promise of peace that You offer me. As I listen to what You have to say, I will rest in that peace and not revert to the foolishness of doubt and fear. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Habakkuk 2:1
'I will stand at my watch and station myself on the ramparts; I will look to see what He will say to me, and what answer I am to give to this complaint.'
- In this story the prophet is waiting for an answer from God.
- We should also live in dependence on what we hear from the Lord.
- He wants to and He will speak to you as you endeavour to listen.
- Oh what a joy it is when we know that He has spoken!
PRAYER: Lord, speak to me I pray. Make Your voice heard within my heart, that I may follow and obey Your leading. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 59:16
'I will sing of Your strength, in the morning I will sing of Your love; for You are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble.'
- Each day He gives you the new strength you need.
- Receive His strength right now and let it flow through you.
- He is everything He promised and His faithfulness is true.
- Let Him be your fortress and your refuge.
PRAYER: Lord, I receive new strength from You today. Thank You for Your love, kindness and faithfulness towards me. You are my fortress and my refuge. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 5:3
'In the morning, LORD, You hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before You and wait expectantly.'
- Each day is another opportunity to speak to God.
- Each morning we can bring our requests to Him.
- Waiting for Him to act is part of our walk of faith.
- As we wait and trust we can do so with a confident expectation.
PRAYER: Lord, today I bring my requests before You. I know that You hear my voice and I live in expectation of what You are going to do. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Joshua 1:11
'Go through the camp and tell the people, 'Get provisions ready for yourselves, for within three days you will be crossing the Jordan to go in and take possession of the land the LORD your God is giving you to inherit.'
- Before any season of breakthrough there is a time of preparation.
- The Lord never allows us to move unprepared into the next stage.
- That is why each stage in the process is so important.
- If you feel God is leading you in a certain direction, make preparations!
PRAYER: Lord, I want to be prepared so that when the next season comes I am ready. Help me to get prepared in such a way that I will simply do able to step into that season when the time is right. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Joshua 1:9
'Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.'
- We are required to be strong and courageous.
- Fear should have no place in our hearts and lives.
- The reason for this is because God is with us and He has a plan.
- Part of His plan is that He will be with us no matter what happens.
PRAYER: Lord, I choose to be strong and courageous with the full knowledge that You are with me and you will be with me wherever I go. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Joshua 1:5
'As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you.'
- The Lord led and guided Moses throughout his life.
- He planned to use Moses and that is exactly what He did.
- In the same way He wants to use your life and He will do as He has planned.
- He never abandons us or His plans for our lives.
PRAYER: Lord, Thank You that You are with me. Each day of my life You are right here and You will lead and guide me so that Your purposes will prevail. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Joshua 1:3
'Every place that the sole of your foot will tread upon I have given to you...'
- God’s purposes and promises for you will be fulfilled.
- He wants you to enter into the Promised Land He has for you.
- Nothing that He has promised will be withheld.
- Claim His promises and believe that they will be given to you.
PRAYER: Lord, I believe that You have prepared great things for me. I step forward and claim Your promises for my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Joshua 1:2
'Now therefore arise, go over this Jordan….'
- There comes a time to arise and do what He has told us to do.
- There comes a time when we must step out of the boat.
- There is something we need to take hold of and possess.
- The time for sitting and waiting is over, it’s time to arise and move.
PRAYER: Lord, thank you for the way in which You are leading and guiding me. I choose to arise and step forward into the future You have prepared for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 44:26
'Rise up, O Lord, and come and help us. Save us by your constant love.'
- God wants to come through for us - to do what is needed or expected.
- Do you need that saving power today?
- The Lord wants to do all this for you.
- Whatever your situation, know that He will do these things for you.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for Your constant and on-going love for me. Your love for me makes the knowledge that You will help me a living reality in my life today. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 18:2
'The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and the One who rescues me; My God, my rock and strength in whom I trust and take refuge; My shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower - my stronghold.'
- Just look at all the things the Lord wants to be for you!
- He will be a rock, a refuge, a fortress, a high tower and a stronghold.
- So trust in and take refuge in Him.
- The Lord is your recourse for shelter and security.
PRAYER: Lord, I look to You as MY rock, MY refuge, MY fortress, MY high tower and the stronghold to which I can run. Amen.