Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 41:12
'As for me, You uphold me in my integrity, and set me before Your face forever.'
- You are under the watch and care of the Lord almighty.
- Your face is always before Him.
- We are privileged to have this remarkable connection with God.
- In the process He undertakes to uphold each one of us.
PRAYER: Lord, how precious are Your thoughts towards me.. How wonderful to know that You see my face and know my every thought. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 40:17
'…….the Lord thinks of me…….'
- What a joy to know that the Lord thinks of us.
- He will remember you in your situation.
- He will keep you in His thoughts.
- He is your helper and deliverer.
PRAYER: Lord, it is a very reassuring fact to know that You think about me. Thank You for Your thoughts and plans towards me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 40:5
'O LORD my God, You have performed many wonders for us. Your plans for us are too numerous to list.'
- The Lord has plans for you.
- In fact, He has many different plans and purposes for us.
- His plans are always to give us a hope and a future.
- He has made many wonderful plans for you
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for the plans that You have for my life. I desire to follow Your blueprint for my life. May I serve You and walk according to Your plans. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: John 15:16
'You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit!'
- Being fruitful and productive is part of God’s plan for your life.
- You are appointed to be fruitful.
- The Lord has made you able to produce an abundant yield.
- So be fruitful and produce something that will last and endure.
PRAYER: Lord, cause my life to be fruitful. I recognize that You have appointed me to be effective and productive and help me by Your Spirit to be just that. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 44:3
'I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground; I will pour out My Spirit on your offspring, and My blessing on your descendants.'
- Are you thirsty and longing for more of God?
- He wants to come and pour His living water on your dry ground.
- Water is a picture of His divine grace and loving-kindness.
- Receive, receive and keep on receiving.
PRAYER: Lord, I want to receive that life-giving flow that can only come from You. I stretch out my hands and receive it now. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Revelation 3:8
'See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut.'
- An open door speaks of opportunity and potential.
- Every day He gives us, is an open door of opportunity.
- We should be sensitive so that we do not miss the opportunity.
- Walk through the open door that He has given you.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for the opportunities that You give me. Help me not to miss these ‘open doors’ but give me the courage to move through them. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Joel 2:28
'I will pour out my Spirit on ALL people'
- God has something special in store for you.
- He wants to pour out His Spirit on you.
- He wants to give of Himself to you in an unlimited supply.
- It is not just a few drops but rather in great abundance.
PRAYER: Lord, pour out Your Spirit on me. Fill me, make me, mold me and use me I pray. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Luke 15:24
'For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.' So they began to celebrate.'
- The Lord can bring life into things that seem dead and gone.
- Don’t write off things that you think can never be restored.
- A gentle breeze can bring a dying fire back to life.
- So let’s begin to celebrate in expectation of what God will do.
PRAYER: Lord, You are the great restorer. You can take what is dead and make it alive again. Breathe new life in those areas that I thought could never be restored. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Malachi 3:10
'I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won't have enough room to take it in!'
- This verse is a picture of blessing and promise.
- It shows us what God’s heart is towards those who love Him.
- Live in expectation of what He has prepared for you.
- Expect the ‘windows of heaven’ to be open for you.
PRAYER: Lord, it is a joy and a delight to serve You. What a joy it is to know that You want me to enjoy Your blessings in my life. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 9:2
'The people who walk in darkness will see a great light. For those who live in a land of deep darkness, a light will shine.'
- God is ready to shine His light into your situation.
- Darkness has to flee when His light dawns on us.
- His light gives us the hope that we need to face the future.
- May the light of His favour and blessing shine on you!
PRAYER: Lord, You are the light that shines in the darkness. Shine on me, I pray, as I place my trust and hope in You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Isaiah 9:6
'A child will be born for us. A son will be given to us'
- God has given us everything we need.
- He even gave us His own Son as a gift.
- This gift needs to be accepted and received as our own.
- A gift that we don’t appropriate (make our own) has no value.
PRAYER: Lord, thank you for the gift of Your Son that we celebrate at this time of the year. We receive this great gift with the full knowledge that HE is Your gift to us. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Luke 1:37
'For nothing is impossible with God.'
- What is the most challenging thing you are facing at present?
- That issue is not too hard for the Lord to resolve.
- Everything that He has said or promised, He is able to do.
- Don’t limit Him because nothing is impossible with Him.
PRAYER: Lord, I recognize that You are great and that nothing is too hard for You to handle. I trust You with my issues and concerns. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Luke 1:35
'The angel replied, ‘The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the baby to be born will be holy, and He will be called the Son of God.'
- When God touches our lives, everything changes.
- When He touched the life of Mary all of history was changed.
- May the Holy Spirit come upon you.
- May the power of the Most High overshadow you.
PRAYER: Lord, I pray, that by Your Spirit You will come upon my life. Touch me, change me, fill me and use me I pray. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Luke 1:30
'Don't be afraid, Mary,’ the angel told her, ‘for you have found favor with God!'
- There is no greater joy than finding favor with God.
- The Lord’s favor and blessing on our lives is our greatest wealth.
- When we know this as a reality, there is no need to fear.
- May His favor and blessing rest on you!
PRAYER: Lord, thank you for Your favor and blessing on my life. I choose to live my life to honor and please You. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Exodus 15:20
'Then Miriam took a tambourine and led all the women as they played their tambourines and danced.'
- There comes a time when we need to start rejoicing and giving thanks.
- Things may not have gone as planned, but God has brought us through it.
- There is always a reason to rejoice and be thankful.
- Take a moment and celebrate the victories that He has given you.
PRAYER: Lord, today I want to take a moment to give You thanks and praise for Your faithfulness and love during this year. I celebrate the fact that You have helped me and carried me in so many ways. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Jeremiah 31:4
'Once again I will build you up, and you will be rebuilt, my dear people...'
- Our lives can be compared to a building.
- Aspects of our lives can get broken over time.
- But the Lord wants to come and start the rebuilding process.
- When He rebuilds something, it is guaranteed to stand.
PRAYER: Lord, come into all those broken and damaged areas of my life and rebuild every aspect I pray. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: 2 Chronicles 31:21b
'Hezekiah sought his God wholeheartedly. As a result, he was very successful.'
- Following the Lord with all our hearts brings great reward.
- Giving God first place sets us up for success.
- We should seek God and do it with all our hearts.
- The outflow of living in this way is success.
PRAYER: Lord, help me to live my life wholeheartedly sold out to You. I choose to pursue You with all my heart, all my soul, all my strength and all my mind. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 119:73
'Your hands made me and formed (fashioned) me.'
- The very hands of God have formed and shaped you.
- He does not make junk.
- His hands have formed you and His hands have held you together.
- Know that the LORD is God. It is He who made you, and you are His.
PRAYER: Lord, I am the work of Your hands. I am Yours and You are the maker of my soul. In Your hands, my life and future are secure and preserved. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 138:8
'The LORD will work out His plans for my life - for Your faithful love, O LORD, endures forever.'
- Did you realize that the Lord has plans for your life?
- In His great love for you, He has included plans and purposes for you.
- He will work out His plans for your life.
- Rest in Him and His faithful and enduring love for you.
PRAYER: Lord, Thank you that You will perfect that which concerns me. I pray that You will fulfill Your purposes for me. Amen.
Daily Bible Verse: Psalm 20:6
'Now this I know: The LORD gives victory to His anointed. He answers him from His heavenly sanctuary with the victorious power of His right hand.'
- There are certain things that you can be assured of.
- You can be sure that God is for you and not against you.
- You can be sure that He wants to give you the victory.
- You can be sure of His eternal love and kindness towards you.
PRAYER: Lord, I rejoice in the confidence I can have in You, my Heavenly Father and my Lord and Savior. Surely You will give me the victory that I am trusting You for. Amen.