FOR UNTO US....
- This is the start of the 'most wonderful' time of the year.
- A time when we can stop and pause.
- A time when we can take a break and spend time with precious family and friends.
- A time we can remember the 'reason for the season'.
- A time to celebrate God's goodness and faithfulness towards humanity and towards us as individuals.
- It can become a time that is very busy and much commercialized. It is our prayer that in the midst of the busyness we would still take a moment to appreciate the great gift of God that was sent to us all on that very first Christmas.
1. JESUS CAME THAT FIRST CHRISTMAS FOR US!
- That very first Christmas was not something that happened by default.
- It was something very specific and something that God did on purpose to benefit all mankind.
- Isaiah 9:6 'For unto us.....'.
- The coming of the Christ-child was something for you personally.
- It is this personal realisation that needs to become a living reality in our lives.
- That is what makes Christmas something wonderful and something powerful.
- The birth of Jesus was the greatest news ever told to the human race.
- The angel who announced the news said that this news was 'good news' and that it would be a source of great joy to all people.
- Luke 2:10 'the angel reassured them. "Don't be afraid!" he said. "I bring you good news that will bring great joy to all people."
- The Lord's desire for each one of us is that we would know the great joy that He intended for us to experience.
- May He come right now and fill you with His joy and delight as you think about what He has done for you.
2. THE FIRST CHRISTMAS BROUGHT WITH IT THE GREATEST GIFT.
- Isaiah 9:6 'For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given.....'
- This is the time of the year when the giving of gifts becomes the focus of so much of the celebrations and the exchange of love and appreciation between people becomes a priority.
- People will go to great lengths to select the perfect or the preferred gift for the people they love and care for.
- God also went to great lengths to give us the perfect gift.
- His gift of His Son was exactly what they needed and still to this day He remains the perfect gift in our lives.
- In fact He makes our lives complete and brings hope and purpose into everything we do.
- We did not need to earn this gift, because a gift is not something you earn.
- If we had to earn the gift, it would not be a gift at all.
- But in God's purpose and plan He wanted to give us the ultimate gift that would change our lives and the gift would simply be that, an undeserved, unsolicited gift and the only strings attached would be the strings of love and relationship with a living God.
3. GIFTS MUST BE RECEIVED.
- Gifts are not things that we just leave in their wrappings and store away.
- Gifts are meant to be opened, received and embraced.
- Gifts are meant to add value to our lives and be a blessing to us.
- The Lord wants to come and add value to your life and bring blessing into your life.
- Proverbs 10:22 'The blessing of the Lord makes a person rich, and He adds no sorrow with it.'
- Just as with the birth of Jesus the world was blessed and it has never been the same, so too the Lord wants to be born in your life and bring about change so that you and your descendants will also be changed and transformed.
- However, the gift that was given all those years ago is a gift that you and I have to open up our hearts to and receive into our lives.
- Revelation 3:20 'Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.'
- So I challenge you to open up the door of your heart and life. Throw the door wide open and receive the greatest gift of all and let Him into your life and He will change and make the difference that You have longed for all along.
4. HE IS ALL YOU NEED.
- He is your gift at this wonderful time of the year.
- He is the matchless and incomparable gift.
- Don't settle for less than God intended for you to enjoy this festive season.
- He is the great gift that keeps on giving for the length of life.
- Isaiah 9:6 'For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon His shoulder: and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.'
- He is the wonderful gift that meets our every need.
- He is the Great Counsellor who wants to lead and guide you every step of the way.
- He is the Mighty God who is able to do far more than what we can ask or think.
- He is the Everlasting Father who wants to come to take you by the hand and take you to His plan and purpose for your very existence.
- He is the gift of peace, in fact He is the Prince of Peace who comes to remove all fear and doubt and fill you with His peace so that you will not be overcome by any storms that life may bring your way.
- He is all you need - embrace this great gift today!
By: Andrew W Roebert
These notes may be shared with others.